The Rumor Mill

btoy

It's listed as being purchased by Alice Andreotolla, in Williamston. The fact that it is listed as a single owner and not some sort of entity makes me think that it might not be related, but you never know.

Alice Andreottola, wife of Robert Andreottola, of Avado Brands.

The property is between Hwy 81 and Midway Rd, which is a hot area for development. Quite a bit of water on the property.

^ Thanks.

Question for you real estate guys. If a large company wants to remain anonymous for a while, but needs to acquire land, how do they go about this? A shell corporation? :dontknow:

Sometimes an official representing the company will purchase it (broker, lawyer, accountant, etc.). Which makes me think that the purchase is unrelated, but it's possible that there may be some kind of relationship between the two.

Sometimes an official representing the company will purchase it (broker, lawyer, accountant, etc.). Which makes me think that the purchase is unrelated, but it's possible that there may be some kind of relationship between the two.

Thanks.

Another question, why would the wife of the Avado brands guy be buying so much land in this area? Are they from this area?

Edited by gsupstate

Thanks.

Another question, why would the wife of the Avado brands guy be buying so much land in this area? Are they from this area?

From what limited information was available on Anderson County's website, the only deeds that I saw were quitclaim deeds transferring a small interest in the property from Bannister Anderson to Alice Andreottola and from Bannister Anderson to Robert Andeottola.

Edited by Chickenwing

Thought this was interesting...

No need for U.S. Audi plant, CEO says

Tom Armitage

Automotive News Europe

August 13, 2007 -- 11:54 CET

Since you're new, i'll let this one slide. In the future please read the rules. We do not allow the pasting of articles on this site. Please include a summary and a link.

Edited by Spartan

CONFIRMED: Audi/Volkswagen IS coming to the area!

Okay, so I touched base one more time with my sources yesterday and ironically one of them had just spoken to a contact of their own who works for Audi/Volkswagen in Detroit and had been told (again) that Audi/Volkswagen was definitely building a new manufacturing facility in the Upstate area...with an official announcement coming soon.

From what I learned, the location will be in Anderson County somewhere near Hwy. 86 (I am not all too familiar with the Anderson County area so does that highway # sound correct?) on an estimated 700 acres of land. Fortunately for our area this spot was selected for the facility by narrowly beating out a site just over the state line in neighboring Georgia. Woo hoo!

My source tells me that this was the original site that BMW wanted to build on but did not? I wasn't around the area when BMW was looking for locations years ago so I don't know if that is true or not? Anyone know more about that tidbit?

SO, yippie we landed yet another huge company in the area. My source said that with Audi/Volkswagen looking to revamp their Audi line to better compete on the luxury car level, in addition to this area already having BMW (with it's established foundation of suppliers, roadways, etc. in place already to build off of) as well as being so close to the Mercedes plant in Alabama, and lastly with the current value of the euro compared to the dollar being such a deal that now is the time to move forward with their long-desired US plant. (Supposedly I learned, they were wanting to come to this area about 3 years ago but pulled out since the timing wasn't right?)

One more thing...from what I hear high-level associates at BMW are already submitting their resumes to Audi/Volkswagen!

Hey Version 70-8, any additional news from your sources? There are rumors around here on UP that North Carolina will get both the headquarters and possible plant. I also here the DC area being mentioned. Any updates you can share?

Well.....take a look at this article!!

Here are the two interesting paragraphs from the article:

"Losing the Auburn Hills headquarters of VW and Audi to the East Coast, most likely the Washington, D.C., suburb of Arlington, would be yet another blow to Michigan's tattered self-image as the capital of North American auto business.

And if the move, expected to be completed by April should it get a green light as early as September, is paired with a potential decision to build an assembly plant in South Carolina as a hedge against currency gyrations, the blow would be twice as severe."

It mentions no other states for the assembly plant and plainly says South Carolina. This "rumor" definitely has some legs and truth. :)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...369/1148/AUTO01

"Losing the Auburn Hills headquarters of VW and Audi to the East Coast, most likely the Washington, D.C., suburb of Arlington, would be yet another blow to Michigan's tattered self-image as the capital of North American auto business.

And if the move, expected to be completed by April should it get a green light as early as September, is paired with a potential decision to build an assembly plant in South Carolina as a hedge against currency gyrations, the blow would be twice as severe."

It mentions no other states for the assembly plant and plainly says South Carolina. This "rumor" definitely has some legs and truth. :)

Interesting find, gsupstate! As you said, this is in line with what Version70-8 shared with us a few weeks ago. It's too bad we can't snag the headquarters as well. If we were in the running for the headquarters as well, I would be forced to wonder if it were Project Skyline. But hopefully it is not, since we only seem to be on their radar for a manufacturing facility. Regardless, this is going to be another big boon for the Greenville metro! :thumbsup:

That's definitely an interesting article, gsupstate! Perhaps the most interesting to me is the talk of the North American HQ moving to Arlington?!?!? I say this because the rumblings I've been hearing from someone over in Lake Wylie are that the VW/Audi HQ may be headed to Uptown Charlotte. This, I would think, may change that if it's true.

Have you guys thought about the fact that local automotive suppliers will ramp up if VW comes here? Have you guys thought about the fact that a good percentage of new VW's come with Michelin tires? Have you guys thought about the fact that Michelin is doing it's 350 million expansion over the next few years to increase capacity / production? Have you guys thought about the fact that new suppliers would be scouting the market and talking to people? :ph34r:

I just heard a very "round-about" conversation as regards the above........nothing directly about VW, but definitely some interesting upcoming supplier "ramp ups" over the next couple of years. Kind of makes you think.............................

Have you guys thought about the fact that local automotive suppliers will ramp up if VW comes here? Have you guys thought about the fact that a good percentage of new VW's come with Michelin tires? Have you guys thought about the fact that Michelin is doing it's 350 million expansion over the next few years to increase capacity / production? Have you guys thought about the fact that new suppliers would be scouting the market and talking to people? :ph34r:

I just heard a very "round-about" conversation as regards the above........nothing directly about VW, but definitely some interesting upcoming supplier "ramp ups" over the next couple of years. Kind of makes you think.............................

It sure isn't surprising though, considering the vision at ICAR and its global campaign to become the new center for international auto research and more. It takes that vision and great leadership to make things happen and when the ball gets rolling, it really begins to accellerate. :shades:

This is not something that is a secret or anything but BMW does not like to have it talked about. They have an exclusive deal here in SC. If VW wanted to move in it has to be aproved by them. I don't know when their deal runs out but with the shortage of talent in engineering I would be suprised to see this go through easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that this would be built here if VW does open, but I heard yesterday that Apple and VW are in talks to build an I-Car (not CU-ICAR, but I-Car as in I-Pod). The car would be the size of a Golf/Rabbit or Beetle and would be loaded with the latest Apple technology. The car would be cost affordable and target 20 somethings.

Not that this would be built here if VW does open, but I heard yesterday that Apple and VW are in talks to build an I-Car (not CU-ICAR, but I-Car as in I-Pod). The car would be the size of a Golf/Rabbit or Beetle and would be loaded with the latest Apple technology. The car would be cost affordable and target 20 somethings.

Instead of "iPod Touch," I suppose they'd call it "iPod Drive?" :lol:

There was a solid rumor on here that VW/Audi would open a manufacturing plant (this is gaining stronger legs...more below) and then we all dreamed and wished that along with the factory, VW/Audi would move it's headquarters here. Well on the headquarters part, our dreams are dashed....VW/Audi is moving the US Headquarters to Virginia.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5grS6hMv...iNVFQZRily-C-kA

With that said, there are about 225 articles on VW when you Google the news.....several hint at more announcements soon to come from VW (ie: new product, North American manufacturing, etc) and several hint directly at South Carolina as the spot. The pieces of this puzzle seem to be falling into place pretty acurately and along the timeline planned. :shades:

There was a solid rumor on here that VW/Audi would open a manufacturing plant (this is gaining stronger legs...more below) and then we all dreamed and wished that along with the factory, VW/Audi would move it's headquarters here. Well on the headquarters part, our dreams are dashed....VW/Audi is moving the US Headquarters to Virginia.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5grS6hMv...iNVFQZRily-C-kA

With that said, there are about 225 articles on VW when you Google the news.....several hint at more announcements soon to come from VW (ie: new product, North American manufacturing, etc) and several hint directly at South Carolina as the spot. The pieces of this puzzle seem to be falling into place pretty acurately and along the timeline planned. :shades:

VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA RELOCATES HEADQUARTERS TO VIRGINIA

HERNDON, VA.