The Rumor Mill

btoy

Either there are two separate projects in this area, or the other parcels are already in compliance? There are stakes on all of the excluded parcels too.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2014/APRIL/BoardofZoningAppeals/04-17-2014/V-14-89-1027SouthMainStreet.pdf

Reading the document, it refers to residential units, so I guess it will be apartments or possibly condos.

Does anyone know more on this? gman, is this the project you mentioned before that you couldn't disclose the location?

Nah, that's a different project separate from this one in another location of the West End. I was allowed to disclose the location of this development but not the other one.

Edited by gman430

Can you divulge the number of units or the number of floors? Are the other two parcels included?

I don't have any of that information unfortunately. All I know is that it's under contract and a development is planned.

EDIT: I am now hearing 18 town homes.

Edited by gman430

From the G-News:

Grocery prospects are better on Stone Avenue, where White says he's aware of several chains eyeing "a number of sites" on the corridor.

The most promising may be the Beach Co.'s apartment project at Stone and Main, which includes a 19,000- to 21,000-square-feet retail space ideal for a boutique grocery store, says City Councilwoman Amy Ryberg Doyle.

A Beach Co. development in Mount Pleasant is anchored by Southern Season, a gourmet grocery store and restaurant concept that Doyle says she thinks would fit in well with the area.

The former Bi-Lo on North Main is another option, and "a lot of people want to rent it," says the plaza's owner, Alberto Alvarez.

Alvarez currently has the whole plaza available for sale at $10 million but says if the property doesn't move in 30 days, he'll find a grocery tenant instead because "the neighborhood needs a supermarket."

Edited by gman430

• 3 weeks later...

New bank HQ coming downtown according to the Greenville Journal: https://www.parksterlingbank.com/

Park Sterling now has approximately $2.3 billion in total assets, $1.9 billion in total deposits and $1.4 billion in total loans, and a network of 54 offices in the Carolinas, Virginia and North Georgia.

E418A8A8-D872-42FD-A794-7A5950F12AF9_zps

Edited by gman430

Excellent news about Park Sterling.  I wonder where the HQ will go?  2 North main perhaps?

617 E. McBee is where Park Sterling is going.  That is the 'mill' building across from McBee Station that just  received the tax credit approval from the city.

I think it's just so it can remain a parking lot and let a Resturant open in the old Genes. Stupid they won't let it rezone so it can be used for what it has always been used for.

Well the problem is that the neighbors don't trust Mr. Sphinx. They think that when he gets the property rezoned he'll do what he wants with it. In essence once you go forward. You can't go back.

• 3 months later...

The Film House is still raising money and is rumored to be looking at the Arts District. I think this location makes a lot of sense. Hope to see this one come to fruition.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/film-movement/

I am glad to know about the effort, but West Greenville is not "downtown" Greenville. I would rarely (if ever) walk from a condo in downtown to an indie cinema in The Village - unless the neighborhood between the two cultural centers improves dramatically.