The Rumor Mill

btoy

• 2 weeks later...

So there was a rumor that the Cheesecake Factory had gotten a construction permit to build a restaurant at the current Panera Bread location in Haywood Mall. Panera would move outside of the mall. Is this still happening? I have heard anything new on it and last time I was there Panera was alive and well.

While every other business has failed at the last location of Grille 33, Cheeseburger in Paradise, etc., that spot seems like it would be an available and promising location for the Cheesecake Factory. I'm sure it would thrive compared to the past tenants.

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I choose this thread. 

Mayor White has mentioned selling the air rights over the Bus Station DT.  That always seemed a little far-fetched to me, but this gives me some hope.  Perhaps the new Aloft garage has extra spaces for the parking any project there would need.  

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article20384040.html

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I choose this thread.

Mayor White has mentioned selling the air rights over the Bus Station DT. That always seemed a little far-fetched to me, but this gives me some hope. Perhaps the new Aloft garage has extra spaces for the parking any project there would need.

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article20384040.html

That Greenlink terminal property should be completely redeveloped (high density / mixed-use) and a new terminal should be incorporated into a large multi-modal transportation center elsewhere in downtown.

• Like 1

I always took selling the air rights of the Bus Station as a complete redevelopment of the site w the potential of the transportation aspect remaining, i.e. the city owning the land and a developer building on top of it. Surely they won't request that someone build around the existing facility.

I don't see how Columbia's plan is going to work. Structurally and financially it just doesn't make much sense unless the City cuts them one heck of a deal. It will be interesting to watch. Hopefully they can pull it off. More likely, the building "on top" of garages may mean something more akin to building adjacent to and encroach slightly over a garage. Who knows. This isn't NYC.

Edited by GvilleSC

That Greenlink terminal property should be completely redeveloped (high density / mixed-use) and a new terminal should be incorporated into a large multi-modal transportation center elsewhere in downtown.

Greenlink has thought of moving the transfer property. There area couple problems that present themselves though. It would mean the transfer station is not downtown...which is where a huge portion of the riders head anyway. So to get downtown, you might have to get from one bus to another at the new transfer station. 

• 2 weeks later...

First we saw the Certus implosion that has led to dumping more than 100k of sq feet back onto the office market, next Sealed Air decided to move over 700 folks to Charlotte. Now, Sempra Energy is closing the local office.

If Proterra makes it, it looks like they will be more West a last focused as they are building production in California. It will not stay in Greenville assuming it stays in business.

First we saw the Certus implosion that has led to dumping more than 100k of sq feet back onto the office market, next Sealed Air decided to move over 700 folks to Charlotte. Now, Sempra Energy is closing the local office.

If Proterra makes it, it looks like they will be more West a last focused as they are building production in California. It will not stay in Greenville assuming it stays in business.

:rofl:

• 5 weeks later...