The Rumor Mill

btoy

The property at 534 Woods Lake Rd, Greenville, has been under major renovation recently. Owned by Manly Square Investors LLC, the property formerly held Bavarian Pretzel Factory and, before that, Italian Market Grill. Work is being done by Caldwell Constructors, Inc., with a building permit value of $1.15 million. The purpose of the activity has been hush-hush, but I've heard a rumor of a grocery store of some sort, and the new entrance now under construction seems to support that premise. Does anyone else know anything?

On August 16, 2016 at 7:08 PM, distortedlogic said:

Seems Gman knows something he isn't sharing... 

I noticed one of these on hwy 93 b/w Easley and Pickens as well, so these are spread around. 

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2016/08/12/emoji-billboards-have-mysterious-meaning/88607100/

Edited by gman430

I believe the mystery over the signs is over. If you were watching the Olympics last night, I don't remember when, you saw a commercial with two animated cars. Well it was the latest drunk driving deals and in it the drunk driver mentions the signs to the officer.

Edit: may be a coincidence, but the commercial was about something else. The plot thickens.....

Edited by MAJIKMAN

12 minutes ago, MAJIKMAN said:

I believe the mystery over the signs is over. If you were watching the Olympics last night, I don't remember when, you saw a commercial with two animated cars. Well it was the latest drunk driving deals and in it the drunk driver mentions the signs to the officer.

Not quite. That is for a different set of emoji billboards.

Edited by gman430

55 minutes ago, gman430 said:

All of the stakes I saw were along Academy but I didn't drive up Wardlaw Street to see if there were any in the area in your link. 

Interesting. All of the land between Academy and Payne Street either was on the market recently or still is.  It has the same owner even though it is about a dozen parcels. 

Nearly all of the land between the RR tracks, Academy, Wardlaw and Logan either are on the market now, or have been recently. If joined together it would total over 4 acres. That much land with substantial frontage on Academy, and a traffic light could be a pretty big project.  I'd love to see another McBee Station type project there.  

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, RiverWalker said:

The property at 534 Woods Lake Rd, Greenville, has been under major renovation recently. Owned by Manly Square Investors LLC, the property formerly held Bavarian Pretzel Factory and, before that, Italian Market Grill. Work is being done by Caldwell Constructors, Inc., with a building permit value of $1.15 million. The purpose of the activity has been hush-hush, but I've heard a rumor of a grocery store of some sort, and the new entrance now under construction seems to support that premise. Does anyone else know anything?

Grocery Store? Looks like it's being converted to an office type building to me.

On 8/18/2016 at 2:14 PM, RiverWalker said:

"October 2016

Apex Allergy will open at 534 Woods Lake Road, in the old Bavarian Pretzel Factory off Haywood Road, across from Haywood Mall"
Source

Edited by Skyliner
format error
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2016 at 11:22 AM, vicupstate said:

Land is being cleared across from the entrance to Furman.  Any info from anyone?

Furman to build $1.7 million solar facility on Poinsett Highway

Furman University has announced plans to install a major solar facility along Poinsett Highway near the campus, a $1.7 million project that will significantly reduce the university’s energy costs and bring its solar power production to the maximum allowed under state law, according to university officials.

The 743-killowatt solar photovoltaic array will be located on six acres of land near the main campus entrance on Poinsett Highway.  The land has already been cleared and the project is slated for completion in early 2017.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...