Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LA Dave

Is there a Grand Rapids Hot Dog?

I'm not sure, but I think Yesterdog could cleverly market some kind of good dog. They have taste and I think thats a pretty good way to get yourself noticed..

Chicago has Chicago-Style.

Detroit has the "Coney". (As does Flint and Jackson, apparently.)

Is there a Grand Rapids Hot Dog?

I feel like the hotdog conversation is our new beer/alcohol coversation.. :rofl: It comes up everywhere.

I feel like the hotdog conversation is our new beer/alcohol coversation.. :rofl: It comes up everywhere.

A dog and a pint of Smithwicks sounds good! drool.gif

Even Saginaw has Tony's famous Roast Beef sandwiches :sick:

its good cause anyone except veggies can indulge in a hotdog. plus you can drive while eating a dog too

Rizzo, if you can drive and eat a yesterdog at the same time you must be one talented SOB :blink: It'd be all over my lap.

I think the yesterdog/dog pit style dogs are GR's siganture. Can you get a hot dog like that anywhere else in the country?

As you all probably know American Pie was based on Grand Rapids and yesterdog was the "hangout" they all went to in the first of the films. Grand Haven was the second. :thumbsup:

Its too bad the writer didn't use East Grand Rapids... I wonder if the city would have been an instantly recognized as a city with sex craized teenagers. Wait, thats everywhere.

As a matter of fact, the very original script to the movie was titled, "East Grand Rapids High School". I'm not sure if East wasn't too keen on it or Hollywood thought "American Pie" was better.

As a matter of fact, the very original script to the movie was titled, "East Grand Rapids High School". I'm not sure if East wasn't too keen on it or Hollywood thought "American Pie" was better.

I heard that EGR threaten to take legal action under the grounds that the movie would have portrayed the city in a negative light. It might be just urban legend, but it sounds like something the EGR would do;-)

As a matter of fact, the very original script to the movie was titled, "East Grand Rapids High School".

Are you sure, i thought its working title (which i verified on IMDB) was East Great Falls High School?

how'd a topic on Hot Dogs end up focusing on a major motion picture... only in Grand Rapids ;)

i'm not going to cash in on my status as an EGR grad right now. i've done that before and i didn't charge enough for the rights. i gotta work on my negotiation skills. <_<

What is a yesterdog?

LA Dave, you must go to Yesterdog to sufficiently receive an answer to this question . . .go, eat and report back to this site . . ... if you don't LOVE it we will be surprised. . . :D

LA Dave, you must go to Yesterdog to sufficiently receive an answer to this question . . .go, eat and report back to this site . . ... if you don't LOVE it we will be surprised. . . :D

That will be difficult. LA Dave lives...in LA :)