Is there a Grand Rapids Hot Dog?

LA Dave

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago has Chicago-Style.

Detroit has the "Coney". (As does Flint and Jackson, apparently.)

Is there a Grand Rapids Hot Dog?

I feel like the hotdog conversation is our new beer/alcohol coversation.. :rofl: It comes up everywhere.

its good cause anyone except veggies can indulge in a hotdog. plus you can drive while eating a dog too

Rizzo, if you can drive and eat a yesterdog at the same time you must be one talented SOB :blink: It'd be all over my lap.

I think the yesterdog/dog pit style dogs are GR's siganture. Can you get a hot dog like that anywhere else in the country?

As a matter of fact, the very original script to the movie was titled, "East Grand Rapids High School". I'm not sure if East wasn't too keen on it or Hollywood thought "American Pie" was better.

I heard that EGR threaten to take legal action under the grounds that the movie would have portrayed the city in a negative light. It might be just urban legend, but it sounds like something the EGR would do;-)

Archived