North Columbia/North Main redevelopment

krazeeboi

• 1 year later...

• 6 months later...

I could not get around the State's online pay wall, but there is a story on a new brewery in the works for North Main which will be one of the largest in the state. Add that to Cottontown Brew Lab, the War Mouth, and Indah Coffee, and that area is slowly (very slowly) turning the corner.  

Edited by victory

• 1 year later...

A three-story red brick office building could be on the rise along the capital city’s North Main Street corridor.

Columbia developer Scott Middleton is seeking design approval for the $17 million project, to be located on the same lot as another Middleton family development — an upcoming 65,000-square-foot sports-themed brewery announced in February 2019.

Middleton could not be reached for comment. Potential tenants and the timeline for construction are unknown.

North Main office

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The site of the old Jim Moore Cadillac dealership at 2222 Main St. could soon be transformed into a luxury apartment complex.

Monday night, the city of Columbia’s Planning Commission voted to approve the site plan from Virginia based developer Commonwealth Properties. The plan also received approval from the city’s Design and Development Review Commission last week.

The two three-story buildings will include 246 apartment units and four “live-work units.”

The six-month-old NoMa Warehouse in Columbia’s Cottontown neighborhood has plans to integrate a food hall concept into its space, with four to six mobile food vendors posting up.

With hopes for an October launch, executive director Beth Lawson wants to host the vendors at the building for an initial two month tenure. To buoy this addition, the group has taken over a loading dock portion of its building that the landlord had previously used as storage.

That space, which will offer up a covered outdoor area for use by vendors, will inform the area’s eponymous name, The Loading Dock at NoMa Warehouse.

15 hours ago, krazeeboi said:

The six-month-old NoMa Warehouse in Columbia’s Cottontown neighborhood has plans to integrate a food hall concept into its space, with four to six mobile food vendors posting up.

With hopes for an October launch, executive director Beth Lawson wants to host the vendors at the building for an initial two month tenure. To buoy this addition, the group has taken over a loading dock portion of its building that the landlord had previously used as storage.

That space, which will offer up a covered outdoor area for use by vendors, will inform the area’s eponymous name, The Loading Dock at NoMa Warehouse.

This is a good concept for that area. Do you know if Cottontown Brew Lab and Indah Coffee are still going strong there? 

• 5 months later...

A five-story, $15.5 million apartment complex is planned along North Main street near downtown Columbia.

Ohio-based Woda Cooper, which bills itself as an affordable real estate company, is developing the 56-unit complex called Benton Crossing, where Main Street meets River Drive near the Cottontown and Earlewood neighborhoods.

The complex would sit next door to the existing NOMA Flats apartments. An application and drawings submitted to the city of Columbia show one-, two- and three-bedroom units, with covered parking taking up most of the first level and apartments above.

Benton Crossing

https://www.wistv.com/video/2022/03/09/soda-city-live-peak-drift-brewing/  I can't wait for this! The brewery, itself, is massive (the largest in physical space in the Palmetto State), and apparently their beer will be in stores before the brewery actually opens to the public. Got to try Smoked, as this interview reminded me their beers are on tap there. Good interview, if you have a few minutes.

• 4 months later...

https://www.aol.com/columbia-north-main-starts-boom-050000356.html  A good read on a growing part of town. I am particularly fond of The War Mouth and Indah Coffee. I also used to know Doug (mentioned in the story), and remember when he was just starting Vino Garage. He's a smart, solid dude, and would encourage anyone to give his shop a visit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I could have placed this in rails to trails, but since the proposed development is in NE Richland County, I opted for this thread. I am always a fan of safe walking spaces, which this would be. Right now, that area has no sidewalks, even. I hope it gets built.https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/new-richland-greenway/101-42646235-96cb-4011-bca4-7010d1ffab73