Nashville Repeats as #1 Relocation Destination

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great stuff. Here's a link to the Expansion Management press release and the main article.

Tennessee occupies 3 spots in the Top Ten, with Memphis at No. 7 and Knoxville at No. 9. The region did great with Birmingham moving up to No. 10, Charlotte at No. 4.

Let's go for 3 in Row in '07!

http://www.expansionmanagement.com/smo/new...leid=17012&st=3

http://www.expansionmanagement.com/smo/art...leid=16977&st=5

For the second year in a row Nashville has topped the list of business relocation and expansion. :yahoo: I am sure we will hear from the naysayers that it cant be so. :cry: But do not despair, there is always next year and it feels good to be at the top of such a list.

I think Nashville will be at the top or close to the top for some time to come. I at least hope so. This will bring even more growth to Middle TN. and I expect we will hear of other big company locations in the coming 12 months. At least I hope so.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...s&news_id=47461

oooops .. didn't see the other post RK.. Combine or delete this one

Great new for Nashville!!!! Its clear that good leadership locally and at the state level has enabled the city, and clearly the state, to be competative in luring industry to relocate to the city/state. Really awesome news, and no doubt it will make more industries take a look at the city, which can only help the city. But hey Nashville, don't rest on your laurels, with being on top two years in a row I'm sure the other cities on the top 10 are going to try even harder now to knock ya' out of the top stop!

Jackson was #42, that makes me smile too :D. We need to get Chattanooga and Clarksville on there!

^^ So true. I saw in a recent article from the Nashville paper that few people are excited about the people who have already announced their candidacy for Mayor. They all sound like a bunch of duds. So I don't slip into instant David Briley bashing mode, I'll just say I only know about him and none of the others. Who's this Bull Dozer? :o that's hilarious.

With Nashville and Murfreesboro being together as a metro, does that take Murfreesboro out of ever making the list as a stand alone city?

Great News for Nashville...

Quote from Dumb and Dumber "Aspen, where the beer flows like wine"

My quote: "Nashville, Where the cash flows like the taps in downtown on saturday night"

With Nashville and Murfreesboro being together as a metro, does that take Murfreesboro out of ever making the list as a stand alone city?

Great News for Nashville...

Quote from Dumb and Dumber "Aspen, where the beer flows like wine"

My quote: "Nashville, Where the cash flows like the taps in downtown on saturday night"

I think Murfreesboro will show up as a stand alone city sooner or later, especially with two new corridors, Medical center parkway being a booming residential, retail, and commercial destination and Joe B. Jackson an industrial center. Additional 5 lane arterials includes highway 99 (New Salem), Beasely road, Cherry Lane, and a planned South West Loop (A medium sized equivalent to a belt around the city bypassing downtown) are currently proposed or under construction. In addition to this, Broad Street is scheduled to be widened to seven lanes from 840 to downtown with a bridge over it at the Memorial/Old fort Parkway intersection (the worst intersection in the state). Recently Tennessee's state official map has recognized that Murfreesboro is emerging as one of the larger principle cities. Now the city shows up in a larger pumpkin colored dot and the state's official map depicts the city limits, just as it does for Memphis, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Knoxville.

I think Murfreesboro will show up as a stand alone city sooner or later, especially with two new corridors, Medical center parkway being a booming residential, retail, and commercial destination and Joe B. Jackson an industrial center. Additional 5 lane arterials includes highway 99 (New Salem), Beasely road, Cherry Lane, and a planned South West Loop (A medium sized equivalent to a belt around the city bypassing downtown) are currently proposed or under construction. In addition to this, Broad Street is scheduled to be widened to seven lanes from 840 to downtown with a bridge over it at the Memorial/Old fort Parkway intersection (the worst intersection in the state). Recently Tennessee's state official map has recognized that Murfreesboro is emerging as one of the larger principle cities. Now the city shows up in a larger pumpkin colored dot and the state's official map depicts the city limits, just as it does for Memphis, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Knoxville.

For what it's worth;

the official State map used to show detailed maps of Clarksville, Jackson, and the tri-Cities on the back, but they have all been removed on the latest edition. They say there was not enough room to add Murfreesboro (State's 6th largest) even though the map is now slightly bigger. So, they show the boundaries of the City limits for those Cities on the main map instead, not that you can find your way around town from those tiny diagrams.

Also, Murfreesboro was offered the opportunity to be independent of Nashville-Davidson when they were allowed by the Federal government to form their own independent Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).

They declined, and elected to stay in the Nashville-Davidson MPO.

For what it's worth;

the official State map used to show detailed maps of Clarksville, Jackson, and the tri-Cities on the back, but they have all been removed on the latest edition. They say there was not enough room to add Murfreesboro (State's 6th largest) even though the map is now slightly bigger. So, they show the boundaries of the City limits for those Cities on the main map instead, not that you can find your way around town from those tiny diagrams.

Also, Murfreesboro was offered the opportunity to be independent of Nashville-Davidson when they were allowed by the Federal government to form their own independent Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).

They declined, and elected to stay in the Nashville-Davidson MPO.

Thats good, I'm sure if they had left the Nashville-Davidson MPO, it would have hurt Nashville greatly considering it is our largest suburb (isn't it like 90,000?).

I don't know if Murfreesboro would like being referred to as a suburb, lol. Murfreesboro has a rich history of having its own identity. Suburbs make me think of Brentwood and Cool Springs, not the 'Boro. It's a place all to itself.

I guess its proximity to Nashville helps, but I have a feeling it would be fine without us (except it would need a real airport). With nearly 200,000 in Rutherford County the lines are all blurred now anyway. That's almost sad.

Yeah, it kind of annoys me when I see a list of TN's largest metros, and there are cities like Cookeville and Columbia on there, but you never see Murfreesboro, while its county alone is bigger then most other metros' populations. Does anyone know if there are still talks of Murfreesboro consolidating with the county, or is that now dead?

Yeah, it kind of annoys me when I see a list of TN's largest metros, and there are cities like Cookeville and Columbia on there, but you never see Murfreesboro, while its county alone is bigger then most other metros' populations. Does anyone know if there are still talks of Murfreesboro consolidating with the county, or is that now dead?

The estimated population for Rutherford County for 2005 was about 210,000. Murfreesboro has been considering a new metropolitan study committee for 2006 even after the majority of its members from the last one dropped the idea and were a bit biased to a consolidated government (every change comes with pros and cons no matter what the price, good grief!). A few members didn't even live here. But all in all metro talk is still alive, especially because of the school overcrowding issues.

So I'm guessing that the Data used to calculate Nashvilles #1 status probably included Murfreesboro's growth and expansion numbers because of it's MSA association with Nashville. If Murfreesboro was going to be considered a freestanding community them IMO it would already be on the list. and probably high on the list.

To me, Murfreesboro needs to shut up and just understand it's role in the NASHVILLE metro. LOL!! You are just a bedroom community to Nashville and just live with it. Quit trying to be a rogue city that wants its own identitiy. You will never have that identity being this close to Nashville, so why bother. Man I'm moody tonight. LOL!!!

To me, Murfreesboro needs to shut up and just understand it's role in the NASHVILLE metro. LOL!! You are just a bedroom community to Nashville and just live with it. Quit trying to be a rogue city that wants its own identitiy. You will never have that identity being this close to Nashville, so why bother. Man I'm moody tonight. LOL!!!

Murfreesboro is not a small town any longer but a progressive lil city. It's not about having an identity or rivalry or anything like that, but having the recognition Jackson, Clarksville, or even Chattanooga have had for years. In my opinion, Nashville and Murfreesboro compliment each other, and I think them being so close benefits the region as a whole kind of like the way Raleigh-Durham do. This thread is about Nashville being the hottest location for business relocation and expansion, and a large chunk of this success has to do with Murfreesboro and Franklin, respectively.

If nashville is #1 for relocaion destination, then why is it so hard for Arnold S. Palmer to find

some company to occupy the West End Summitt? That would be lovely for West End.

That would be Alex S. Palmer... Arnold Palmer probably could find tenants for West End Summit. :rofl:

Archived