One Park Vista

twincity

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets break it down

the lot is temporary. this was always part of the 1st phase of civic plaza. the news about a paking lot on 4th was made years ago, when a developer proposed renovating the davis building for condos. that plan fell through which made way for another developer to propose one park vista. those residents will have parking under the building. this lot is for downtown patrons.

the parking lot is the site for the park portion of Civic Plaza. most likely it wont be there for too long. If 100 west fourth st gets approved, the tower and a park with underground parking will be under construction. the tower would replace the pepper building. the park would be where this new lot is.

lets break it down

the lot is temporary. this was always part of the 1st phase of civic plaza. the news about a paking lot on 4th was made years ago, when a developer proposed renovating the davis building for condos. that plan fell through which made way for another developer to propose one park vista. those resident will have parking uder the building. this lot is for downtown patrons.

the parking lot is the site for the park portion of Civic Plaza. most likely it wont be there for too long. If 100 west fourth st gets approved, the tower and a park with underground parking will be under construction. the tower would replace the pepper building. the park would be where the lot is.

Nothing in the article mentions that the lot is temporary and I suspect that if it is well utilised then I believe it is going to be made permanent as the local merchants will fight to retain it if they see a rise in business when the new parking is available. Considering that the city is trying to promote downtown retail along Fourth St, then the lot will stay. Just the way things work sometimes.

Nothing in the article mentions that the lot is temporary and I suspect that if it is well utilised then I believe it is going to be made permanent as the local merchants will fight to retain it if they see a rise in business when the new parking is available. Considering that the city is trying to promote downtown retail along Fourth St, then the lot will stay. Just the way things work sometimes.

I was also thinking that it will probably not be a long term surface parking lot. As these projects (one Park Vista, Civic Plaza) go up and the underground parking is put in place (private and public parking) , the surface lot will probably go away.

By the way, that was a good night shot of the construction on the front of today's Journal; I guess night construction shots are kind of rare.

Also, ncbrian, I like the idea of weekly/ every other week photo updates on the construction.

• 2 months later...

update

excerpt from triad.bizjournals.com

"...Michael Ryden, a partner in Leonard Ryden Burr, the agency marketing the condos, said nearly half of the 32 condos have been "reserved" with several of those turning into contracts. And the pace could pick up as construction begins now that the site, which previously contained the Davis Building, has been cleared. John S. Clark is the general contractor.

Thad Lewallen, a partner in the eight-story project along with Kerry Avant, said the duo hoped to start construction at the site on Fourth Street, between Cherry and Trade streets, next month, with a target completion date in the spring of 2008.

In addition to the progress with the residential units, Lewallen said the commercial space had also been reserved, but no contracts have been signed. He said "it was looking pretty strong to be an upscale restaurant" that would be locally owned, but declined to elaborate."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Are you sure you are talking about the right project One park Vista has continued to clear the land since Octomber and has heavy equipment on site as I write this post. In the last week signifigant groud work has been done.

Also... the public comment for the baseball stadium is tonight... if you are a fan of downtown progress you should go... I would but already have a meeting tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

i posted this in the downtown updates thread, but since the project is officially u/c, i decided to revive this one. im pretty sure there will be several photo updates. will someone be able to make it to the ceremony in about an hour? lol.

excerpt from jorunalnow.com:

This afternoon at 4 marks the groundbreaking for One Park Vista, the eight-story building that will replace the old Davis department store, which was demolished late last year.

One Park Vista will have 32 condominiums and a restaurant. It is the first phase of the Civic Plaza project downtown, which includes a second, larger condominium project, headed by a different developer, one block east on Fourth Street and a plaza between the two buildings.

Avant said Friday that 15 of the condominiums are under contract for sale. It is hoped that the first units will be finished in 12 to 14 months. The restaurant also should be ready in that time frame, Avant said.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived