wrldcoupe4

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And its coming along nicely...

DSC07233.jpg

Taken from MSS.

Canal Walk Lofts at 20th and Cary. Are you sure this is it? I don't remember it having windows on the west side. When it is completed, Canal Walk Lofts will take up the entire block bounded by 19th, Main, 20th and Cary in at least three different buildings (maybe four). I think apartments there will have the best views of any of the Tobacco Row buildings.

Canal Walk Lofts at 20th and Cary. Are you sure this is it? I don't remember it having windows on the west side. When it is completed, Canal Walk Lofts will take up the entire block bounded by 19th, Main, 20th and Cary in at least three different buildings (maybe four). I think apartments there will have the best views of any of the Tobacco Row buildings.

I think it's one of them. It's the last of the big buildings besides Lucky Strike to undergo renovation.

• 4 weeks later...

Drove by today... Lots of work is definitely happening at the lucky strike warehouse, as well as the white building near the holocaust museum. It also looks as if tenants have moved into Edgeworth.. .lights were on and offices filled with office stuff :)

And on a side note, I wouldn't be surprised to see action at the Lucky Strike Power Plant in the not so far off future :whistling:

Drove by today... Lots of work is definitely happening at the lucky strike warehouse, as well as the white building near the holocaust museum. It also looks as if tenants have moved into Edgeworth.. .lights were on and offices filled with office stuff :)

And on a side note, I wouldn't be surprised to see action at the Lucky Strike Power Plant in the not so far off future :whistling:

When you say "the white building near the Holocaust Museum", are you referring to Edgeworth or another structure?

Funny, but I have been thinking about Lucky Strike Power Plant lately and wondering if firm plans are being made. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today's TD Building Permits column reports: Canal Walk Lofts, SWA Construction, Inc. contractor; 10 South 20th Street; interior and exterior renovation of warehouse into 99 apartments and parking deck; $4.45 Million.

If this listing is not out-of-date, it's good to verify that serious work is going on at the site. I wonder if the parking deck will be across Cary Street like those of its neighbors?

Cutters Ridge didn't sell as condos, so they are now rentals...like in the $2K to $3K range per month, I think.

Who the heck can afford that????!!! :dontknow: I mean they are nice... but come on!

• 2 months later...

Good lord... I have to agree who can afford 400k or 2-3k/month... wouldn't it make more sense to target young professionals who will go out and spend money and help the night life in the area?

It's buy or lease, so that if you wanted to buy it you could. Also, I feel like it might be set up where your rent could be put towards buying it? Not sure about that though?

What jobs do these young people have? Most I know can't hardly afford little apartments. Others like me still live at home. If someone can point me to some money, please... do.

Well according to the gov't you're supposed to spend no more than 30% [give or take some percentage point depending on which agency you are getting your figures from] on housing. That should include more than rent [utilities, takes, insurance, etc.]. That said, I would have to be making $80,000 to afford $2000 in rent [not including utilities and such] and $120,000 for $3,000 in rent.

I have to agree, where does the line start for one of these jobs?

Archived