weill

New Roanoke Forumers

I stumbled upon these forums while researching New Urbanism. I'm from Botetourt and go to school at JMU. I drive through Roanoke virtually every day while in town because my girlfriend lives in the Hidden Valley/Cave Spring area. I've always had an interest in the growth of the Roanoke area as I love it here and wouldn't want to start a family anywhere else, so I think I'll enjoy the forums here. While my personal connections are more in my neck of the woods, I'm still plugged in to the retail/restaurant scene and look forward to sharing what I can!

Eric

Edited by ELBotetourt

I stumbled upon these forums while researching New Urbanism. I'm from Botetourt and go to school at JMU. I drive through Roanoke virtually every day while in town because my girlfriend lives in the Hidden Valley/Cave Spring area. I've always had an interest in the growth of the Roanoke area as I love it here and wouldn't want to start a family anywhere else, so I think I'll enjoy the forums here. While my personal connections are more in my neck of the woods, I'm still plugged into the retail/restaurant scene and look forward to sharing what I can!

Eric

Welcome to the forum ELBotetourt!

Welcome ELBotetourt! Its good to that we now seem to have quite a few people from areas immediately surrounding Roanoke. It should give the forum a more diverse perspective. And maybe you'll have the early scoop on some suburban developments in the Botetourt area.

Edited by mclawsdrive

Wow, you guys have picked up quite a few new people since I last visited. Welcom everyone. :)

Just moved to the Star City from the Queen City to the south. My wife and I are currently renting in Old Southwest and I am working for the county and she is about to start PhD studies at VT.

Roanoke reminds us of our hometown, Birmingham, Alabama, and we have both been pleased with it thus far...

Look forward to contributing in this forum :thumbsup:

Just moved to the Star City from the Queen City to the south. My wife and I are currently renting in Old Southwest and I am working for the county and she is about to start PhD studies at VT.

Roanoke reminds us of our hometown, Birmingham, Alabama, and we have both been pleased with it thus far...