Restaurants in Roanoke

weill

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KFC is good if it's prepared correctly, but it's damn awful if it's not. The one in Collinsville always does a great job, but some of the others are very inconsistent. Bojangles is much more consistent overall, though the flavor is a matter of taste.

Buck Mountain Road has been growing like gangbusters as of late, but it's been on an upswing for about 25 years or so.

• 1 month later...

I live in Raleigh and am really impressed with Montano's. Not that it is some world class amazing restaurant, but that MENU!! The Chicken Cacciatore is, however, outstanding. We've also had great meals at The Library, and the italian place in Raleigh Court. We went to that ye old dirt cheap english steakhouse place and really had a great time. (the one with the little fish "pond" in the front, SW of town).

My parents in law don't get around that well, so we don't get out like we used to, unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned this in another thread but a friend of mine just opened a place on Jefferson St downtown called Pepe O'malley's. I haven't been there yet but word is the food is really good. Also they are keeping really late hours. Open until 4am. I might go down there tonight.

I haven't been in myself, but I walked by the other day. They did a nice job with the space. It looks much better. How are they doing?

• 5 months later...

Archived