ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

But I thought this place was supposed to a tequila bar... not so much a Mexican eatery, no?

I'm thinking (hoping) it will be more Mexican than tex-mex. I love Tijuana's, it is great casual tex-mex, but we really are missing a "mexican" restaurant downtown, something like Colibri in Baldwin Pk or Cantina Larado in Delagio on Sand Lake would be great.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

not sure how big the footprint of The Sevens is going to be, but the lot is rather huge; if they can build that, it would really, really change things up there. I was about to say that The Sevens along with 800 N., but, seeing that GAI hasn't done anything yet, I won't hold my breath on that one either.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this...noticed this on a doom and gloom stock/finanical board.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories...03/daily32.html

Colonial Bank is all but dead, their DT Orlando office raided, and now their major mortgage broker has been shut down. Looks like fraud.

Strange.

Looks like BB&T purchased the assets, and FDIC got the trash, and according to one source, that just about ought to do it for the FDIC insurance fund for right now, i.e. until they ask the treasury for more money.

Who knows when they will take 'Colonial Bank' off the building near Eola....

Looks like BB&T purchased the assets, and FDIC got the trash, and according to one source, that just about ought to do it for the FDIC insurance fund for right now, i.e. until they ask the treasury for more money.

Who knows when they will take 'Colonial Bank' off the building near Eola....

Actually, I'm wondering if they have enough space in their current building on Orange or if they might decide to move over to Eola? While the movers and shakers like having easy access to Citrus Club, they might get more bang for their buck from having the BB&T logo seen on all the pics taken at Eola.

Also, in an OBJ interview this week, they noted that Chase will be getting more active in commercial banking than WaMu was, and that the local coommercial VP has an office downtown. Has anyone heard if Chase plans a downtown footprint - especially since they passed on the in-progress WaMu branch at Paramount?

I don't know much about this finanical stuff....but Colonial's construction loans are worth 67% less than they were saying? And as I mentioned, even if this deal didn't give most of the finanical downside to the government, the FDIC is out of cash.

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...RTC-II-NOW.html

How many more banks will this happen to? What about those funded construction loans? Hmmmm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes. I went by that side at night as I was stopping by Publix and it was lit up. It has a walk-in ATM foyer at the corner, so there is a place to pull cash near Thornton Park besides 7-eleven.

If you're okay with ATM fees, there is also an ATM on the first floor of the Post Parkside garage. It's right around the corner from the elevator. Can't miss it if you walk in on Osceola.

I couldn't tell you offhand, but isn't there an ATM in Publix like usual? Even if not, I'd rather spend the money on a soda or snack than ATM fees if I don't need to pull out an amount larger than what the Publix cashier is willing to give me back!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived