ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

Palmetto could really turn into a pedestrian mall focused on restaurant space.

Good idea. Then that triangle could turn into a pocket park for residents and the homeless couple that used to camp out in the courtyard of the buidling that used to be at that corner. :) When I drive that curve on Rosalind, I sometimes think how cool the street wall effect would be if there were buildings on both sides as you approach the courthouse. What's the history of the screwy street grid in that part of downtown anyway? I guess there needed to be a corresponding street to Orange Ave. that went the entire N/S length of downtown, but Rosalind's curvy connector to Magnolia clearly bisects what would have been another desireable block to build a tower.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosalind and N. Magnolia should be covered to a two-way street.

Hah! It practically is judging from the number of oncoming cars that turn the wrong way out of the 7-Eleven at Colonial and N. Magnolia. I don't know if it's the wide lanes, inadequate striping or the lack of curbside parking to give clues that it's a one-way street, but I encounter confused drivers all the time.

How sweet would it be for this to come to fruition along with some sort of development on the old Pizzuti lot (and possibly City Place)? We'd have a major hub of activity centered around the Lynx Central Station and a proper Midtown Orlando. And it's Arquitectonica! Finally!

100wlivingston5qz.jpg

I was digging back through some of the earlier posts -- this is one of the many that I wish had come to realization, especially now with the Gertrude's Walk restoration and the commuter rail running through this area. Too bad many of these projects never broke ground.

I was digging back through some of the earlier posts -- this is one of the many that I wish had come to realization, especially now with the Gertrude's Walk restoration and the commuter rail running through this area. Too bad many of these projects never broke ground.

That building would of been a wonderful addition to the downtown landscape.

Does anybody know and/or have pictures of what is going to become of the old OUC building? I heard it was going to become a boutique hotel, probably in the same vein as Grand Bohemian.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived