ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it an ad or an article saying groundbreaking was actually going to happen? I also was wondering if this date was legit. I've said before that it must be just for the office towers since there has been no sales push for the condos.

I can never find copies of this paper. Where's the best place to pick one up?

Was it an ad or an article saying groundbreaking was actually going to happen? I also was wondering if this date was legit. I've said before that it must be just for the office towers since there has been no sales push for the condos.

I can never find copies of this paper. Where's the best place to pick one up?

Tim, the article was in the Business Sope section, and in the last paragraph:

"Even though The Plaza is just breaking ground this month, Kuhn thinks of his job with the project as done and is looking to the next. Kuhn would not reveal any details, but he tease that he will be introducing a whole new product in the next 60 days. Though secretive about this next move, the enthusiasm and determination in his voice belies the fact that the new project will mean great things for our city."

Hmmm ....

hmm. interesting find.

Can't wait to see what buildings Kuhn will buy out next and tear down and replace with uninspiring FBBArch designs.

Maybe I'm being harsh, afterall, I am actually excited about the Plaza. What exactly could he build though that would top his Plaza plans? THis is the infamous Jaymount block and already means a hell of a lot to the city.

I did notice that the Friday's American Grill which was the last tenent in what is to be torn down for 55W has closed.

When I has talked to someone on the 55W sales staff, she had mentioned that they wanted to stay open until the last minute. This makes me think demolition is coming soon.

The sales center now has an architectural model of the tower as well along with some new pics of the tower on the walls.

i was in orlando for rock the universe over the weekend and i noticed the construction of what i think is the SuperChannel 55 as listed on page one of this topic. If its not its the building on the southside of of I-4. its before downtown by a few miles maybe? when youre heading west. Anyways it doesnt seem like its made much progress since last time i was there which was probably 6-8 months ago. Is it just me or is construction going slow on it?

I drove by the site on my way into work this morning. No sign of a setup for any type of ceremonial groundbreaking but there was some activity.

The little sandwich shop on the corner of Church & Rosalind was being knocked down and it looks like some other equipment and storage containers were being delivered to the site.

Looks more like site prep, but it's something.

:D :D :D

Woo Hoo!!! The Plaza has broken ground as promised!!!

On my way by at about 5 pm ground has literally been broken on the site. There are two holes in the ground, maybe 20'x10' each about where tower 1 and tower 2 will be. I also see on the site plan in the Leader that that Court street lot being cleared today is part of the site. The parking garage appears to span Court.

This actually suprised me.

I'll keep an eye on progress.

great news on The Plaza!

When this project was announced I knew this is one project that could completely change the atmosphere of downtown. I can't wait to see what that movie theater will do to the street level activity and what kind of businesses it will bring in. Great to see things moving along as planned!

OK, heres my first try of uploading a photo, these were taken today of the Plaza site.

Looking North

100_1672a1.jpg

The back corner of the site across Court. A sandwich shop was knocked down. The Res tower will be in this area with the parking garage spanning the street. That's the way it looks on the plans on the plaza wesite.

100_1682a.jpg

From the back corner looking towards Orange (I figured out the sizing)

100_1681a.jpg

Archived