Jonestown Road

Tre 4

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a burial plot there as did my parents. We had to buy all new plots at another cemetery. I am very saddened to see the horrid wood privacy fence that has been put up. It looks like the kind they use to enclose dumpsters. I have three relatives buried there, but have not gone inside that fence since the last funeral. I was baptized in that church, as was quite a few of my family members. Now it's a Starbucks. I am all for progress usually, but that is wrong on so many levels.

My uncle was pastor at Jonestown many years ago and several of my family members have been involved in the church there. It still pains me to see the strip development there and the atrocity of a fence around the cemetery. While I think everyone knew this was coming, I really wish the church had demanded the cemetery be moved.... I have seen other cemeteries that get 'surrounded' by commercial development, and it's just sad...

If your Uncle was Pastor Art, he baptized me! If your Uncle was Pastor Gene and your Aunt Miss. Grace, they were greatly instrumental in the early years of my family's church life. Grace lead my Mother to the Lord, and Gene preached that sermon. If your Uncle was Pastor Carl, he baptized my Mother.

• 2 weeks later...

cant find the article, but Red Rooster will close and reopen under a new name...i guess to help wipe away the memory of that tragic incident.

NCDOT wants to add a 400 ft. concrete median to Jonestown from 421 northward to control left-turn traffic. what puzzles me is that the graphic shows a new town square? on the left. i know WSJ tends to be way off sometimes so i was wondering if any of you know what the deal is with this shopping center? new plans?

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...d=1173353015588

NCDOT wants to add a 400 ft. concrete median to Jonestown from 421 northward to control left-turn traffic. what puzzles me is that the graphic shows a new town square? on the left. i know WSJ tends to be way off sometimes so i was wondering if any of you know what the deal is with this shopping center? new plans?

cant find the article, but Red Rooster will close and reopen under a new name...i guess to help wipe away the memory of that tragic incident.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...d=1173353015588

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived