Sparkle City Eateries

Spartan

I saw where the downtown Greenville location of Wild Wing was closing. It occurred to me that ours could conceivably close as well despite the proposed move. I do not think they are owned by the same group, but I feel like Wild Wings time is about up (as mentioned in another part of this thread).

I feel like the Wild Wing Cafe concept is slowly dying. I go to the one in uptown Charlotte occasionally, and it's always mostly empty. I hate to see it go since it was founded in South Carolina, but I won't be too upset if/when that happens. To that end, Carolina Ale House would be a decent replacement even though I think they are fairly bland as well. The main point is that we need one large sports bar downtown.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I feel like the Wild Wing Cafe concept is slowly dying. I go to the one in uptown Charlotte occasionally, and it's always mostly empty. I hate to see it go since it was founded in South Carolina, but I won't be too upset if/when that happens. To that end, Carolina Ale House would be a decent replacement even though I think they are fairly bland as well. The main point is that we need one large sports bar downtown.

There seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about Wild Wing’s viability but, when I visit and drive by, it always appears  busy.   

Holliday Brewing a new Nano Brewery is slated to open this month at Drayton Mills Marketplace. 

I had the pleasure of trying a couple of their beers at a private event they had at the location and must say their beers are fantastic!

I'm also going to shamelessly plug myself; 22 pieces of my photography will be displayed at the brewery! So yes, I'm bias, but in all honesty, this is a great addition to Spartanburg's East Side! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So these fun details have emerged about the Flag Ship Eggs Up Grill going into Converse Corners on E. Main!

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/flagship-eggs-up-grill-location-to-open-in-spartanburg/?fbclid=IwAR0ZrVc44b5Bt-pL2g2U--XjoP0WjdItZxlxO2A1msuZN997qzi9VEfErAo

Great stuff!

Now anyone know what if anything is happening at Kress, Montgomery Ward, the Shell next to it and finally the building next to the Diamond Jewelers (the one with the murals on the plywood made to look like windows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, westsider28 said:

Well, here's confirmation of Wild Wing staying in current location.  No real details as to why.  Both sides seem to be tight-lipped about it.  :dontknow:

According to the Spartanburg Foodies Facebook group, traffic at the existing location is down dramatically over the past couple of years. It seems to be a combination of mediocre food and bad service. 

Could be that corporate is considering closing the location altogether, or perhaps it’s underperforming at such a level that they didn’t want to enter into a multi year lease agreement somewhere else.

Edited by clemsonfn
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...