Sparkle City Eateries

Spartan

• 1 month later...

Sun King? you gotta be kidding me :rofl:

all of those Buffet places taste the same.. gimme somthing exciting! I mean, I go there myself on occasion, but it's not worth mentioning.

As for annex that area... I know for fact that City Range is in the City because I had a couple of drinks last Sunday evening. Not sure where the line falls.

Have to agree with willum. Sun King rules. It seems that their lunch buffet is much better than their dinner buffet. Anyone else agree?

But I'll gladly drop it for a new favorite. Is there a bigger or better china buffet that Sun King in Sparkle City?

Its not bigger, but New China on E Main is my favorite chineese buffet. Its consitantly good, at a reasonable price, and its locally owned I think.... been there for decades.It used to be a real sit down Chinese place before they switched to a buffet. You can tell that it used to be a nicer place than it is today.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparantly Spartanburg has a new tapas bar that has been open for almost a month! Its called "Oscar's" (180 E Main). Its located about a block off of Main St in the location of the former Mimi's Uptown. This place is unique in that they odon't open until 4pm, which is not common in Downtown. Apparantly it has been pretty successful too. I hope to check it out some day. Spartanburg is slowly but surely getting some decent restaurants and a decent nightscene.

Here is the article in the HJ: article

This morning's H-J reports that Hooters will open in Spartanburg on Blackstock Road across from Westgate Mall. Several months ago several of us speculated in this forum where the new Hooters would be located and I don't think any of us thought it would be located across from the mall. It seems Hooters will remodel and do business in the closed Hardees location.

This morning's H-J reports that Hooters will open in Spartanburg on Blackstock Road across from Westgate Mall. Several months ago several of us speculated in this forum where the new Hooters would be located and I don't think any of us thought it would be located across from the mall. It seems Hooters will remodel and do business in the closed Hardees location.

Fantastic news! I don't think any of us picked that location, but it makes sense. Our base of chain restaurants is on the rise...

Also, Spartanburg seems to do an excellent job of greyfield redevelopment, so kudos to the City for encouraging them to locate there... now if they could just fill in the old Pier1 and that half of the ancient Winn Dixie.

...now if they could just fill in the old Pier1 and that half of the ancient Winn Dixie.

Or all Winn-Dixie's for that matter. ;-) Is there anything planned for the Winn Dixie on Asheville Highway across from the Ingles? (Near FBNS) There's a HUGE amount of land in that area, not just what Winn Dixie takes up either. Oh, and I'd really like to see the squatters gone. Just place an ad for your boats or cars that you have for sale. Sheesh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I finally went into the expanded Sonny's... it looks really good. Very exciting stuff. Also, the new Oyster Bar on Ezell St. seems to be making progess... new windows out front. I may try to get some pictures this week.

Also, there is a new space that is available to the left of Delaney's... any news on that? I'm hopeful for another restaurant or some sort.

• 3 weeks later...

ive been meaning to eat at nga's

Hi. I'm new to Sparkle City.

I have to say that I love this place. It's like a big, small town. Went downtown for the Denny's tree lighting and it was wonderful.

We did get a chance to try Nga's and I would highly recommend it. It's a bit expensive, but well worth it. From the outside, you wouldn't believe it's so charming on the inside. I was impressed that she came out after our dinner to chat with us and make sure that we enjoyed our meal.

Also, I haven't seen any one comment on Cosenza Pizzeria & Italian on Pine. I loved it.

Hi. I'm new to Sparkle City.

I have to say that I love this place. It's like a big, small town. Went downtown for the Denny's tree lighting and it was wonderful.

We did get a chance to try Nga's and I would highly recommend it. It's a bit expensive, but well worth it. From the outside, you wouldn't believe it's so charming on the inside. I was impressed that she came out after our dinner to chat with us and make sure that we enjoyed our meal.

Also, I haven't seen any one comment on Cosenza Pizzeria & Italian on Pine. I loved it.

I've not been to Nga's yet but the other night, I think it was the the 18th, the place was jammed with patrons. The parking lot was full. I've heard nothing but good things about it! Again, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Spartanburg and welcome to UrbanPlanet, New Sparkle! I'm glad that you are enjoying the Sparkle Life ;)

I haven't been to Nga's yet, as they opened after I left for college. I know lots of people who have though, and I've heard nothing but great things.

Now, where is Cosenza? I'm not familiar with that one.

One thing that I like about Spartanburg is that they are starting to expand on the number and variety of festivities downtown- this is especially true as the active part of downtown expands.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally ate at Lime Leaf over the break, and I was very impressed. Its a great atmosphere and great food, and I say that as someone who isn't normally a fan of asian food.

Also, Hub City Grille has mysteriously closed....

Outwest steakhouse closed too... same owner.. News Channel 7 had a story tonight on how both restaurants had screwed their employees out of money. It's sad because Outwest was a really nice restaurant and had really good food.

Sheesh. All the talk of how there's a restaurant void in Spartanburg and then we lose 2 good ones. Sorta bittersweet, I suppose. I'm happy anytime crooked management sees justice. But sad to see those restaurants go. I had intended on going to Hub City soon since I had put it off for so long. Oh well. Is there an article about that somewhere? I searched wspa.com and didn't see it.

Has our new Olive Garden opened yet? I know they're close.