Sparkle City Eateries

Spartan

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, hub-city said:

I may have missed it, but does anyone know what is going into Royce Camps building besides SmallCakes across from the AC Hotel?  it is being up-fitted for a restaurant, but I can't remember if one has been named.

I know it's been awhile since the announcement but wasn't Konnichiwa (hibachi and sushi) going to locate there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Santi said:

I received unofficial confirmation from a realtor that the B&N building is indeed on its way out, and something great is coming in its wake. I asked for more specifics, and I got a "not yet" as a response. Hopefully we'll hear more soon! 

That's still pretty sad to lose the only large bookstore in town.  Unless they are planning to relocate, which I kind of doubt...  

4 hours ago, Historyguy said:

That's still pretty sad to lose the only large bookstore in town.  Unless they are planning to relocate, which I kind of doubt...  

It was one of the few places that made for a nice evening out 25 years ago. It's almost like a staples of Spartanburg! At the same time, it must be tough competing with likes of Amazon and just all of the content that is available digitally. We'll see what happens - I've been hoping for a relocation also, but not sure where they would go.... We shall see!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, Santi said:

It was one of the few places that made for a nice evening out 25 years ago. It's almost like a staples of Spartanburg! At the same time, it must be tough competing with likes of Amazon and just all of the content that is available digitally. We'll see what happens - I've been hoping for a relocation also, but not sure where they would go.... We shall see!

With  all the developments downtown, I would honestly love to see Barnes & Noble relocate into the downtown area on the Denny's tower side (so its not near Hub City)

• Thanks 2

Morgan Square Hospitality (Delaney's owners) announced "Isla's on the Square" (coastal kitchen, cocktails, oysters) in the former Growler Haus location.  They also announced that they have acquired Gerhard's Cafe (original owner Gerhard Grommer passed away in August).

Edit: H-J article

Edited by westsider28
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, westsider28 said:

Morgan Square Hospitality (Delaney's owners) announced "Isla's on the Square" (coastal kitchen, cocktails, oysters) in the former Growler Haus location.  They also announced that they have acquired Gerhard's Cafe (original owner Gerhard Grommer passed away in August).

Bad news for Gerhard's, I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Located in the terminal building of the downtown airport is the Clear Skies Cafe.  Its a small place with limited seating and a modest menu  (relatively inexpensive burgers, dogs, wraps, sandwiches, etc.).  Its been in business for a few months now but today was the first opportunity I had to try it out.  To be sure, its not fine dining but a great place to experience Spartanburg's aviation history. 

BTW, the airport 95 years old this year.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Baskin-Robbins coming to 249 E Blackstock Rd, pending conditional use rezoning approval.

Also, site work has started next to Little Caesar’s on Reidville Rd. (future Shipley’s Donuts). And it looks like Crumbl Cookies on Blackstock is close to opening.

Edited by clemsonfn
  • Like 2