Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Electric Vehicles for City Parking Services

Article in the GRBJ about the two GEM e2's that the parking services has purchased for parking enforcement. Hey, if you're gonna hand out tickets, might as well be energy efficient :thumbsup: Anyone seen these yet?

Just The Ticket - GRBJ

e2_city.jpg

I saw one earlier this week on my way down to GRCC. It was turning on to Monroe from Pearl between the Amway Grand and the ramp across Pearl. It looked pretty cool- I wondered if it was new.

So...the City can't afford to run its parks and can barely afford the ice rink at Rosa Parks Circle, but there is enough money to buy glorified golf carts for writing parking tickets?

Oh Andy, I have the answer. According to the article, they actually SAVE the city $3000/year. :shades:

Ohh...thanks. I can't read the article on-line.

I have seen a ton of these in many southern states in the last few years. There are quite a few in Florida at all the condo complexes/ golf courses for the retirees. Also, I saw them used in Phoenix for various events- those were used to transport people, so they had an extra bench on the back where the basket thing is on the pic posted here.

How does it save $3000/year in gas when parking enforcement walks?

They don't walk their whole route, they drive Chevy Cavaliers.