Holly Springs pics?

sleepy

For those who aren't familiar with the town, Holly Springs is about 35 miles southeast of Memphis in Marshall County. It's an old antebellum town, full of historic structures and homes, and Marshall County was something like the 3rd largest cotton producing county in the nation before the civil war.

I've been there a bunch of times, but never took any pics of this gorgeous little town.

Does anyone have any? I'd love to see them.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walter Place

One of the most interesting houses in Holly Springs is Walter Place. The house was built in the 1850s, but was substantially altered at the turn of the century by architect Theodore Link, designer of the Mississippi State Capitol building in Jackson. The never-completed botanical gardens around the house are in the process of being realized. The complex of buildings should be all the more interesting when the gardens are completed. I'll look to find more.

I found a website with some very good pictures of Holly Springs. I love the old train station. When I last visited Holy Springs, it was being used as a private house. I think that more restoration work has been done since then, but I'm not sure. If anyone has more info., please post.

Website- Civil War Album

Archived