Catholics in the south

Newnan

I thought we were talking about the South? How can Louisville be in the south if a county south of it is considered MidWestern?

Anyways,

From the maps, Texas seems to have a very large Catholic population in the southern parts mainly due to Mexican immigration. Catholic power in the South will only increase as hispanic immigration and northern migration continue.

Well, Louisville is in the south "technically" bc it is in KY. And you must not be familar with the historical use of the term Midwest. In the 1810's Bardstown was part of the "west." LA and California were nothing.

So since Louisville is technically in the South, it must be said it has the highest per capita population of Catholics outside New Orleans. South FL and TX have a lot due to retirees from the north and Hispanics who are usually Catholic.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Tennessee too and that one county in Tennessee that you live in definitely caught my eye. There is also one in the middle of Georgia that has a blue color too.

We have several Catholics here. There is actually a Catholic church and school up the street from where I work. I actually have some family members that go there. Most of my family are southern Baptists, save for one of my grandmothers, which is goes to a holiness church. Anyway, the family that I mentioned that were Catholic are actually my aunts (moms sister) in-laws. Her mother in law and her sister in law and her family are Catholics. My aunt (uncles wife) was Catholic, but is now Baptist. They live in Richmond. Her parents are still of the Catholic faith, as is the rest of her family. They live in Washington DC (most of them).

Well, I live in Williamson County, TN, which happens to be the one blue county in the state. There seem to be few that live here, even though there is only one Catholic Church (which happens to have more the one or two thousand people, though). Nashville, though has a bunch of churches, and there are many Catholic schools in the area.

I'm a Nazarene, by the way.

Archived