The South Coast Thread

Cotuit

New Bedford needs some trees (and green space) desparately. I was able to drive around the city some, and with the exception of downtown, there are virtually none. Its almost depressing, because it looks like it could be a nice town. The town accross the river, who's name escapes me (fairhaven?) seemed nicer in that regard.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

New Bedford needs some trees (and green space) desparately. I was able to drive around the city some, and with the exception of downtown, there are virtually none. Its almost depressing, because it looks like it could be a nice town. The town accross the river, who's name escapes me (fairhaven?) seemed nicer in that regard.

Fall River's worse. The neighborhoods off Plymouth Ave are treeless and bushless. I'm amazed at how dense the housing is over there. Literally triple deckers smashed in everywhere, some in back lots without street frontage. It's a shame that so many are vacant. I'd never say tear down housing to put in trees and grass, but there are definitely spots there in which that could be a consideration, especially where it could function as a small backyard.

• 2 months later...

Archived