NBA Championship

ZachariahDaMan

so it's

Detroit - Miami in the east

Phoenix - Dallas in the west

Predictions now that the field has narrowed? I'm obviously rooting for the Pistons, but I hate to call it yet. Miami is a force to be reckoned with, as shown by the nail biting series that happened last year. I hope it's not that close this year, I don't know if my bloodpressure can handle it.

I'm not an expert on the west, I really don't follow the suns even though I live in Phoenix (although a Suns - Pistons showdown would make me giggly like a school girl) Who do you guys think will come out between the Mavs and Suns? I'm just glad to see San Antonio eliminated.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree MJLO, there are going to be some exciting games ahead of us. I don't know anything about the Sun's either, so it will be surprise for me.

I hate that the only personal problem I have is that I'm very superstitious when it comes to sports. There's a reason why I've uploaded the same signature and avatar from last season, and I was only going to modify it if San Antonio would have still been in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Dallas verses Miami . . . Dallas vs. Miami sounds like a Superbowl matchup from the 70's :lol:.

My question is does the average NBA fan care? Other then they Pittsburgh-native Mark Cuban circus that is sure to develop, and the Shaq show. I don't see many deep and wide fan base for either team. Nothing like Celtic or Laker or Bulls fans, or even the passionate "only team in town" Spurs fans.

Looks like Dallas verses Miami . . . Dallas vs. Miami sounds like a Superbowl matchup from the 70's :lol:.

My question is does the average NBA fan care? Other then they Pittsburgh-native Mark Cuban circus that is sure to develop, and the Shaq show. I don't see many deep and wide fan base for either team. Nothing like Celtic or Laker or Bulls fans, or even the passionate "only team in town" Spurs fans.

I'm somewhat interested, and may actually watch a few games. I tried to watch years ago when the Nets were in the finals and it was painful...

Isn't D-Wade the #1 selling jersey? I'd say there's some interest in that....

LETS- GO- HEAT

Miami Heat in 6 Games....... Finals Baby!

Thats becuase you dont live in an NBA city pimin'.... :P

^^yeah yeah, we got the Oakland Zoo during college hoops (plus 3 national title banners to boot) but yeah it sucks to have ur roundball season end every March.

You guys are welcomed for Maravich (Aliquippa, Pennsylvania), Jerry West (near Morgantown), George Karl (Penn Hills), Chuck Daly (NE burbs), and Mark Cuban (Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania), seems we are the biggest NBA city without an NBA 'chise. :P

Hooray for Miami. Am I the only person getting tired of the 'New/Next Jordan' the sports media picks each time someone wins the title? Wade is a good player...but Jordan he aint. He has a LONG way to go before he can claim that rarified Air. Wade isn't even Kobe yet...and may never get that far.

Hooray for Miami. Am I the only person getting tired of the 'New/Next Jordan' the sports media picks each time someone wins the title? Wade is a good player...but Jordan he aint. He has a LONG way to go before he can claim that rarified Air. Wade isn't even Kobe yet...and may never get that far.

I agree that he isn't quite the next Jordan yet, but Kobe was the Pippen of the Laker teams and Wade is the "Jordan" so to speak. He also has been pretty apt to take tough shots, though unlike Kobe not too many threes, while shooting close to 50%. I don't think Wade's there defensively yet but offensively he's more Jordanesque than Kobeesque. In the end he'll have his own legacy just like Dr J, Oscar Robertson, Magic, Bird, and Jordan do. There won't be another guy quite like Jordan, ever. Wade and LeBron will do.

I'm pretty excited that the NBA finally has some great (Kobe, Carter, McGrady I would classify as very, very good but not great) guards/forwards like LeBron and D-Wade. I haven't been as interested in any player in the NBA like I am with these two since Jordan in the 1990s...

Archived