Where do you go to play in the snow?

xstefaniex

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm beginning to forget what snow looks like. It's the end of January and I'm out with the top down on the car soaking up the (somewhat chilly) sun.

We still have Feb. and March...we could play in the snow in the backyard, or more likely, drive to airport...and land in Colorado.

I used to be a real snow fan, but to tell you the truth, I'm lovin' this winter so far.

I'm beginning to forget what snow looks like. It's the end of January and I'm out with the top down on the car soaking up the (somewhat chilly) sun.

We still have Feb. and March...we could play in the snow in the backyard, or more likely, drive to airport...and land in Colorado.

I used to be a real snow fan, but to tell you the truth, I'm lovin' this winter so far.

So am I. Its funny. I work with a bunch of transplants from Florida and they have asked me countless times this winter when it snows here. I just look at them and laugh and ask them, "who told you that lie about snow and Middle Tennessee??" LOL!!! They instantly get a complex. Funniest thing since Frnech Toast. :silly:

Thanks guys, :D

Nashscan, can you tell me where Ellington Agricultural Center is? And Lexy, where exactly in Kentucky & Cookeville (Cumberland Plateau) would you go?

Thanks!

Stefanie

Anywhere in Kentucky is good, but a drive to Louisville and Lexington will get you 6 or more inches of snow usually. While a trip up to Western Kentucky may just give you 3 or 4 inches. Its a matter of how much you want to play in. LOL!!!

As far as Cookeville is concerned....isn't there a state park over there?? I forget the name.

Well in a couple of years you might get to play in the snow all year long in Tunica and its only 3 and a half away hours away :D

Yea what a weird winter. I dunno about the Cumberland Plateu, here in UP michigan every ones been freaking out because we've been getting rain and I've barely seen any snowmobiles this year. Usually were up to our hips in snow but this year we're still seeing grass!!! I feel bad for all the owners of ski resorts and the guys who get paid clean the snow off the old folks driveway. Oh well it snows till about April so they still have time to lower their losses. Whats up with this? Global warming?

Thanks guys, :D

Nashscan, can you tell me where Ellington Agricultural Center is? And Lexy, where exactly in Kentucky & Cookeville (Cumberland Plateau) would you go?

Thanks!

Stefanie

Ellington Ag Center is directly off Edmonson Pike between Old Hickory Blvd and Nolensville Rd

Anywhere in Kentucky is good, but a drive to Louisville and Lexington will get you 6 or more inches of snow usually. While a trip up to Western Kentucky may just give you 3 or 4 inches. Its a matter of how much you want to play in. LOL!!!

As far as Cookeville is concerned....isn't there a state park over there?? I forget the name.

I live in Cookeville, well, actually I live right inside the White County line so I have a Sparta address. Anyway, the park you're thinking of is Burgess Falls State Park. I only live about a half of a mile from it. It's pretty nice. We don't get too much snow up here though. I mean, we get more than Nashville does, but they get even more in Monterey and Crossville than we do here.

You should come up here some time. Burgess Falls is very beautiful, and Cookeville is a really nice city. It's growing so fast right now that it's hard to keep up with everything.

You should come up here some time. Burgess Falls is very beautiful, and Cookeville is a really nice city. It's growing so fast right now that it's hard to keep up with everything.

Cool! Perhaps you could keep us updated on all what is going in Cookville and your area? I am all about getting more threads started about smaller cities/towns in the state. I'm sure there would a great many people on the boards who would be very interested in any info on your area you could share. :D

I would say so far we have gotten between 2-3 inches, I think we could get 4-5 in some areas, but I have not seen a weather report lately.

I hope some of it gets to Chattanooga. I've lived here for more than three years and I haven't seen more than a dusting so far, and absolutely no accumulation for the past two years. Right now, it's iffy as to whether we get accumulation.

Archived