Where do you go to play in the snow?

xstefaniex

Wow, that was disappointing. Have you ever noticed that every county around you gets snow, but never the one you're in? I mean, seriously, everywhere except Williamson and Davidson Counties got snow, but we had to have this stupid blast of warm air come in and literally only cover Williamson and Davidson Counties. That sucks. All our snow is gone.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't get a flake of snow in Chattanooga from the storm. However, I just got back from a ride up to Signal Mountain where they got as much as 3 to 4 inches. It was a winter wonderland up there! I saw numerous snowmen, and a bunch of kids sledding down a hill right next to two bewildered cows! It was a funny sight! LOL.

Nashville area spared:

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NASHVILLE TN

955 AM CST SAT FEB 11 2006

...SNOWFALL REPORTS FROM AROUND THE MID STATE...

LIGHT SNOW CONTINUES OVER PORTIONS OF THE EASTERN COUNTIES OF THE MID STATE THIS MORNING. A SNOW ADVISORY EXPIRES AT NOON TODAY FOR THE CUMBERLAND PLATEAU REGION. SNOWFALL DEPTH REPORTS OF 3.5 INCHES TO 4.5 INCHES HAVE BEEN RECEIVED FROM THE NORTHERN CUMBERLAND PLATEAU COUNTIES WITH 2 INCHES BEING REPORTED IN THE SOUTHERN PLATEAU COUNTIES. IN THE WESTERN COUNTIES OF THE MID STATE 2 INCHES WAS REPORTED IN THE NORTHERN COUNTIES WITH 1 INCH ACCUMULATIONS IN THE SOUTHERN COUNTIES. RUTHERFORD AND BEDFORD COUNTIES REPORTED 2 INCHES IN SOME LOCATIONS...WITH PORTLAND IN SUMNER COUNTY RECORDING 3 INCHES.

HOWEVER...LAST NIGHT...TO THE SOUTH OF PORTLAND ALONG INTERSTATE 65 A VERY SHALLOW LAYER OF WARM AIR DEVELOP AND REMAINED STATIONARY FOR MOST OF THE NIGHT. THE WARMER AIR WAS ALONG AN EAST OF AN INVERTED TROUGH THAT EXTENDED FROM THE SURFACE LOW TO THE SOUTH. IN THIS REGION PRECIPITATION WAS MOSTLY RAIN WITH SOME SNOW MIXED IN.

LAST NIGHT...AN OBSERVATION IN NASHVILLE SHOWED SNOW FALLING JUST ABOVE THE SURFACE...BUT CHANGED TO RAIN IN THE WARMER AIR NEAR THE SURFACE.

Oh well, maybe next time...

Over in Copperhill I had 1 inch Monday night... 4 inches Wednesday night... 3 inches over last night and another 2 inches fell just a couple of hours ago... They are calling for up to 2 more inches tonight before the moisture is totally gone Sunday afternoon.

My friends in Thompson Station were a little disappointed, they were hoping for the excuse to sleep in, but it was just rain and sleet.

I guess the answer to the question where do you play in the snow would have to be in the front yard for me this week...

Just remember folks that Tennessee often gets its best snows in March! There's still hope

@ The Tot Pack - Hey I have sent you a PM about your signature. Its going to have to come down as it is way out spec to the forum rules. In the PM I have sent you the guidelines with the signature specs. Sorry.

Just so everyone knows for future reference:

Signature Guidelines:

Graphics should be no more than 300px wide and 50px tall.

No animated graphics.

5 lines text maximum, at regular default font size or smaller.

A 50px tall graphic should have no more than 2 lines of text above or below it, combined text & graphic should not exceed 64 px in height (basically the same height as the avatar).

Rules Link:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=260

Archived