The Stone Pony | NJ Off-Topic Discussion

Cotuit

Yesterday when i was killing time at teh radio station at school, i tried logging onto News 12 NJ's website to catch up on the news aruond the state and NOW you must be A CABLEVISION subscriber to log onto the website by punching in your customer subscriber #. I just logged onto it at home and for some strange reason, i got right through. Edison (where my school is) is also a cablevision participating town so i dont know what the deal is. Say if you lived in East Brunswick, South Brunswick or Monroe in the county, your a comcast subscriber, does this mean you cant get onto their website because cablevision owns News 12?

Looks like more traffic will feed onto NJ.com if they dont stop this soon.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday when i was killing time at teh radio station at school, i tried logging onto News 12 NJ's website to catch up on the news aruond the state and NOW you must be A CABLEVISION subscriber to log onto the website by punching in your customer subscriber #. I just logged onto it at home and for some strange reason, i got right through. Edison (where my school is) is also a cablevision participating town so i dont know what the deal is. Say if you lived in East Brunswick, South Brunswick or Monroe in the county, your a comcast subscriber, does this mean you cant get onto their website because cablevision owns News 12?

Looks like more traffic will feed onto NJ.com if they dont stop this soon.

I've always just used NJ.com anyway.

Speaking of News 12, though, Highland Park got the shout out two nights ago!

"Hey Highland Park, you're watching News 12 New Jersey... as local as local news gets."

It was sooo... hawt!

:rofl:LOL

You gotta read through these, they're great! :D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=New+Jersey

Here's my favorite:

New Jersey

165 up, 48 down

The best state in the Union.The land of diners,greenheads,and Soccer.Those who make fun of it are either jealous or have never been here and would prefer to live in whatever cornball state they're currently in.

-For the last time,NO ONE SAYS "JOISEY"!!OK?Not even people in north Jersey.Most of us have a Philadelphian sounding dialect.

-No mullets either,ok?

-Many of us love Soccer,and Jerseyans are the best Soccer players in the US.(Tim Howard,Claudio Reyna.Both play in England)

-Knock it off with the stupid toxic waste and turnpike jokes,they're both unfunny and incorrect.If you REALLY want to make a Jerseyan laugh ask us what our longest time staying in a diner was or something like that.

-"Jersey girls" do not look like cheap whores with 80's-looking hair.They are usually gorgeous Italian girls,however they sometimes smoke too much and should cut that out.

-NJ smells like leaves and trees,thats about it.

-Ok,there's some crapholes here,i'll admit.(like with any place).But most of the state is beautiful and it's a great place to live.

-Douchebags like Jay Leno need to stop with the corny NJ jokes before I make some South Jersey chick beat his ass.

-One of the few places you'll find people who are of half-Irish and half-Italian descent.

There's no other girls like South Jersey girls.They're hot,funny,Italian,and dangerous.

Here's some BS for you. :angry:

In 1979, a horse lover named Walter Olson fell for an overgrown blueberry farm straddling Monmouth and Ocean counties. He paid $25,000 for 15 acres and, over the years, built a compound of barns and shelters, living above the stables in a second-floor apartment.
Now, in a state where every land sale is supposedly pored over by lawyers, title companies and public officials, Olson, 65, is about to be tossed off property he never really owned.

This poor farmer is about to be thrown off his land. I suspect this has something to do with developers wanting that land. Knowing how that whole area is just growing rapidly.

Is it just me or does this sound like a bunch of horse crap? (pun intended) This used to be the Garden State. Now, the state takes people's gardens away. :(

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index...ll=1&thispage=2

^I hope western Monmouth County always remains agricultural, its by far one of the nicest places in the state!

Lammius: I found a new indian place thats in downtown New Brunswick called Bombay Grill & Bistro on George Street. WHen i went on saturday, it had a buffet... believe it was $10 including drink. This place also has a Zagat rating too.

I found this link to be pretty cool. Talks about economic development in Middlesex County

^I hope western Monmouth County always remains agricultural, its by far one of the nicest places in the state!

Lammius: I found a new indian place thats in downtown New Brunswick called Bombay Grill & Bistro on George Street. WHen i went on saturday, it had a buffet... believe it was $10 including drink. This place also has a Zagat rating too.

I found this link to be pretty cool. Talks about economic development in Middlesex County

Yeah Bombay is pretty good. They have weekday lunch buffet for $7 or $8. It's quite a good deal. The only problem with the place is Platinum and Glo are both next door. If you're eating at 10 PM the bass from those clubs makes your plates and silverware bounce up and down. No joke! It's ridiculous!

The video was kinda cool. The graphics and music remind me of the sex ed videos I watched in 4th grade phys ed class! haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think center turn lanes should be gone because nobody knows how to use them. Either they dont use it to turn left or they drive it as a travel lane causing a near head on collision. what do you all think that are motorists of NJ or drive here enough to understand.

I think center turn lanes should be gone because nobody knows how to use them. Either they dont use it to turn left or they drive it as a travel lane causing a near head on collision. what do you all think that are motorists of NJ or drive here enough to understand.

They're not called "suicide lanes" for nothing. But I'm not opposed to them. They allow frequent left turns in areas where retail parcels are small & blocks short. A center median w/ occasional turn lanes or jughandles require annoying or often illegal u-turns. I've never had a problem in a suicide lane that a lay on the horn couldn't take care of.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...