Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weill

What is this?

Ok so yesterday i was driving around Roanoke, and i came across this construction site, its at the intersection of Wiley and Jefferson in South Roanoke. Does anybody know what this is?

DSCF3674.jpg

yeah thats the Jefferson street bridge that goes over the railroad tracks then dips down under I-581 (U.S. 220)

I figured so. The strange white broken lines give it away (IOW: not a VDOT standard, had to been city).

^Yes sir. Independant cities in Virginia do weird stuff with their roads, paint markings, traffic regulatory signs and traffic signals. VDOT does not and its fairly uniform allover the state.

oh ok, did you use to live in roanoke?

I never lived in Virginia but over the years travel through it & visit friends there so i pick up things little bit at a time. VA is one of those places i could see myself living in if life takes me that direction.

That's the Riverside Office Bulding. First phase of the Carillion BioMedical Park. Some company from Blacksburg is going to move into it along with some Carillion offices. I can't remember the other company's name but I want to say Luna.

123105_030.jpg