Petey21

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pictures, Petey21! :D

I've never been up to the High Coast area of Sweden, thought I have spent alot of time visiting(and living) in Stockholm and Helsingborg. It's great to see some more Sweden on the forum!

Also, welcome to UP!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm bumping my old thread here to show some proposed buildings in town and to hear what you all think of them.

First there is a performing arts complex building, with quite a different shape as you can see.

kulturhusty2.jpg

Then two proposed highrise hotels, independent from each other but located in the same block. These two have received both appreciation from some people because they add to a new and more modern look to the skyline, but also massive criticism from others that they don't fit in with the surrounding buildings and that they block the view towards the water. What are your opinions?

hotellscandiczu9.jpg

hotellstattrq6.jpg

I'm bumping my old thread here to show some proposed buildings in town and to hear what you all think of them.

First there is a performing arts complex building, with quite a different shape as you can see.

kulturhusty2.jpg

Then two proposed highrise hotels, independent from each other but located in the same block. These two have received both appreciation from some people because they add to a new and more modern look to the skyline, but also massive criticism from others that they don't fit in with the surrounding buildings and that they block the view towards the water. What are your opinions?

hotellscandiczu9.jpg

hotellstattrq6.jpg

I reserve my judgement untill I get an answer to this series of questions..

what currently stands on the site they plan on building these projects? or in other words are they destroying something nice to build these or are they filling in a toxic waste dump?

and how do these new buildings interact with the street. In most situations the way a modern buildinng interacts on its lowest 4 floors is the most important aspect. shadows cast on parks, modern architecture contrasting with historic steeples etc tends to matter less if the street becomes nicer on the lowest 4 floors.

hotellscandiczu9.jpg

I am not exactly sure how this one will look on the street scape side. Generally a hotel in a place like that would usually be built to the highest standards, but it looks a bit bland and forboding.

the other one. I like the idea. wait, I love the idea of modern towers rising behind historic structures. this not only preserves history and keeps the street pedestrian, but it adds density and function to the area. Generally Hotels are a good development for cities. They provide decent jobs for many people, they help support the near by pubs and eateries. they do not put stress on school systems or even much road traffic.

I hope the best for your town. These projects both seem like an positive indication for your town.

Archived