Roanoke Arts and Entertainment

weill

Ahhh! It appears the paradoxroanoke.com website has been hacked by Islamic terrorists. I am not making this up!!!! The picture didn't download but it was kind of scary anyway. Who should I report this to?

Looks like the FBI took care of it. The site is now down. I'll expect a huge reward check in the mail any day now. :whistling:

• 6 months later...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Mill Mountain Theatre renovated. It is definitely in need of some updates! Unfortunately there budget would never allow for renovations at this time!

However, A Christmas Carol is currently running through the 22nd of December! It's a great show that will truly you put you in the holiday/Christmas mood. Come see it if you get a chance! You'll love it!

Thanks, BGW and McLaw. Isn't the theatre on upper floors of the large building on the square?

My neighbor across the hall is an actress who has worked there and really enjoyed the experience. And she said that the housing provided for visiting Equity actors was quite nice. She loved Roanoke.

Another friend who lives in the twin tower of this complex has also acted on MMT stage. He echoed everything said by my neighbor.

The theatre does a considerable amount of its casting in New York.

• 3 months later...
It looks like Paradox WILL eventually reopen after all. :thumbsup: The botttom section of this Roanoke times article from sunday says there is no specific date though. roanoke times

Paradox/NRG had great potential before it closed. It provided a swanky atmosphere and lots of live music. Its the only place my band has ever played in Roanoke. I hope they will be as inclined to book us when they reopen.

Let's hope it is as good as it sounds AND that it gets supported. If so, this will be a terrific addition to add new energy downtown. I saw that Dolce is now closed. Night clubs seem to have a hard time. I am past that time in my life, but if we are going attract employers with young well educated people, they need places to play. It's a catch - 22. There aren't enough of the demographic to keep many of these establishments in business; there aren't enough of these establishments to attract and keep this demographic.

It seems music venues are popping up all over the state. In Richmond, two large venues, Toad's Place and the National are booking acts for their openings in June and September, respectively. Norfolk has NorVa and Granby Theater, Charlottesville has a number of venues and now Roanoke!

But I'm confused: Are 202 Market and Paradox one and the same?

Wish you had a gig in Richmond this coming weekend, McLaw.

My new group just had its first real rehearsal and it went great. We'll be recording a demo in the next few weeks and starting to book shows within a month. I think we'll start playing gigs in May. The other group, McLaws Drive, is planning to play some shows around memorial weekend. I'd like to try and play at 202 Market at that time. I should know when we'll play in Roanoke by the end of April.

Oh, and I'm almost always up for a beer, thanks bmedguy.

My new group just had its first real rehearsal and it went great. We'll be recording a demo in the next few weeks and starting to book shows within a month. I think we'll start playing gigs in May. The other group, McLaws Drive, is planning to play some shows around memorial weekend. I'd like to try and play at 202 Market at that time. I should know when we'll play in Roanoke by the end of April.

Oh, and I'm almost always up for a beer, thanks bmedguy.

Archived