Aiken

Jerseyman4

All photography were taken along Richland Ave. This is also known as US Highways 1 & 78 to outsiders.

Aiken has to be my favorite small town in SC, especially its downtown. Whoever planned the streets in downtown and surrounding area is genius!

After this photo becomes a 5 lane boulevard heading near USC-Aiken and towards North Augusta.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but I've been meaning to post an Aiken photo thread for quite a while now... Here's a few shots from a thread I meant to make about a year ago... These were mostly taken in November and December of 2004, so it's not the busiest or the prettiest time of year, but there are always at least a few people out and about...

Several from Laurens St.

aiken38su.jpg

aiken20qp.jpg

aiken188nk.jpg

aiken129lt.jpg

aiken131sl.jpg

aiken168bw.jpg

(My favorite place in all of DT.. the brew pub :thumbsup: )

aiken203vj.jpg

The county courthouse.

aiken63mb.jpg

The library.

aiken212ug.jpg

The Wilcox Inn.

aiken222jx.jpg

Hotel Aiken.

aiken151wr.jpg

A few from "The Alley," a short, mostly pedestrian block with upscale restaurants and bars...

aiken107ed.jpg

aiken118xc.jpg

aiken92de.jpg

And finally, a few of Newberry St, with the new performings arts center and "festival center"

aiken72ri.jpg

aiken89sc.jpg

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but I've been meaning to post an Aiken photo thread for quite a while now...

Nah, your not at all! The photos you uploaded are much better than mine since i was just passing through the town on a mission to drive the entire US Highway 1 route from start to finish in South Carolina. I ought to go visit Aiken again sometime soon but this time walk around the downtown area since all of my photos were me just driving by.

I've only been through Aiken once (only through, never to), and I was sick and hung over from Paine College's homecoming so I don't remember much.:) But Aiken looks like a gem of a town. And from what I understand, it's more progressive than people would normally give a town of its size and location credit for.

Archived