Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alexzero77

Favorite Downtown Buildings in Palm Beach County

What's are your favorite downtown buildings in Palm Beach County? Mine are...

1.) Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton

2.) Trump Plaza in West Palm Beach

3.) BRR&C Tower in Boca Raton

4.) Marriot in West Palm Beach

5.) The Slade in West Palm Beach

Ooh, interesting thread....

I'll go by city....

Boca Raton: The Resort and Club tower (not exactly urban, but what a landmark!)

Delray Beach: There's no towers in Delray, but alot of great midrises. I can't think of one...haha

West Palm Beach: One City Plaza (when driving up Dixie/Olive you can see it from far away. And it's so sexy, and it replaced a nasty parking lot across the street from my college.

Palm Beach- The Breakers

Palm Beach- The Biltmore

Boca- The Cloister building at the Boca Resort--I'm not wild about the tower, and I really dislike the Boca Beach Club.

^Yeah, the Beach Club is pretty nasty. I remember hearing that they were going to build a new beach club, one that would be more consistent with the architectural vocabulary of the main club/hotel. No news if that's still going to happen....

Personally I really hate the town of Palm Beach (no offence). I have bad memories from it a while ago. I don't quite remember, but it was some sort of gang war in one of those hotels making everyone go crazy. It was when the last murder took place I believe, too.

I can bet the entire city of Miami that the reason WPB is one of the most dangerous cities in the US is because of it's neighboors.

As for the Beach Club, I like it. It seems so unique... But the beach itself is crap :sick:

^I know West Palm Beach has it's areas of crime, but not Palm Beach. I haven't seen/heard of any crime on the island town of Palm Beach (except maybe "white-collar crime") ;)

As downtown West Palm continues to gentrify, all the "crime" will be pushed out west of I-95. Except for the northern parts of Tamarind...that's a hopeless case lol.

No, Palm Beach has crime :wacko: The homcides may be low, but the other crimes like robberies, etc. are way to high for a city... town... that size.

^I know West Palm Beach has it's areas of crime, but not Palm Beach. I haven't seen/heard of any crime on the island town of Palm Beach (except maybe "white-collar crime") ;)

As downtown West Palm continues to gentrify, all the "crime" will be pushed out west of I-95. Except for the northern parts of Tamarind...that's a hopeless case lol.

Nah, once it gets pushed to the unincorporated part of the city, the Palm Beach County Police Department will round all the criminals up. Great service!

Is the northern part of Tamarind where Service Road and South Street is?