Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

ArtInfo: The World's 12 Best New Buildings

A list of 12 of the top buildings of 2005 from ArtInfo Please visit ArtInfo for more information and photos of the buildings.

1. Best Civic Building: Scottish Parliament Building {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Edinburgh, Scotland

2. Best Museums: de Young Museum {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} San Francisco

and Walker Arts Center Expansion {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Minneapolis

3. Best Tower: Agbar Tower {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Barcelona

4. Best Factory: BMW Central Plant {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Leipzig, Germany

5. Best Government Offices: Caltrans District 7 Headquarters {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Los Angeles

6. Best Expansion: High Museum of Art {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Atlanta

7. Best Multi-Purpose Arts Building: Shaw Center for the Arts {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Baton Rouge, LA

8. Best Memorial: Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Berlin

9. Best Housing: Sanchinarro Mirador {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Madrid

10. Best House: Art Collectors' Residence {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Toronto

11. Best Hospital: General Hospital of Ciudad Real {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Ciudad Real, Spain

12. Best Convention Center: Milan Trade Fair {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Milan, Italy

I recently got to see the number 3 building, Agbar Tower, when I visited Barcelona. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to get up close to it.

93226166_fdc93a91e4.jpg

93226875_8b28e99556_o.jpg

They would never get away building something like that in the US. It is funny looking though, the thing looks like a giant fertility clinic.

I think that it would have looked great in a Southeastern city like Atlanta, Miami or Dallas. Way to go Spain for supporting unique expressions of architectual design. :thumbsup:

They would never get away building something like that in the US. It is funny looking though, the thing looks like a giant fertility clinic.

:rofl: