Should South Florida become its own state?

larrysofla

South Florida as its own state!  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see South Florida (Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties) become their own state?

• No, I like being a part of the state of Florida.
    • Yes, South Florida and the rest of Florida share very little in common, and self governance is a good idea.
    • I'm not sure.
  2. 2. What is your over all level of happiness with how thing are being run in the State of Florida right now?

• Very happy
    • Somewhat happy
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat unhappy
    • Very unhappy
    • Enough of this already, let's just secede from the state!
  3. 3. Where are you on the political spectrum?

• Conservative
    • Moderate (right leaning)
    • Moderate (left leaning)
    • Liberal/Progressive

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2006 at 10:27 PM, gjoseph said:

Everyone always forgets about Tampa Metro and Orlando's metro I mean when some of you guys said from South Florida Up it's all hicktown I would say from Tampa and Orlando up excluding Jax....I bet 20-50 yrs Tampa and Orlando, is gonna be one MAJOR metro

But I do agree Tampa and Orlando have more ties to South Florida than Tally or Jax

I also have a question why is the University of South Florida, in Tampa? I'm from Tampa, but a-lot of ppl don't even consider Tampa in Central or South Florida so is it in Southwest FLA?

10 years after this comment and the two cities are still not close to being connected.  You might have to wait 100 years for that to happen...

• 2 years later...

• 1 year later...