Sculpture Exhibit Downtown Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

A little birdie sent me this:

From the Gardens to the Grand:

Meijer Gardens sponsored exhibit will feature bronze sculptures from Tom Otterness, 22 in all, throughout downtown and at the Meijer Gardens, starting June 2006. There will be four along the river, a couple on Monroe Center, and the rest scattered throughout downtown. I hear sizes may range from 4 to 40 feet tall :shok:

Should be way cool! :shades:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article hit this morning about the exhibition in the GRPress. I guess FMG was at the DDA meeting yesterday and got $25K to support the exhibit.

$400K budget total, $100K each from Frey and Meijer Foundations with corporate and individual gifts picking up the rest of the tab. Site sponsorships? Gotta be.

Article says more than 20 sculptures, but I read 26 somewhere.

Downtown's going to be packed to the rafters with people this summer.

Article hit this morning about the exhibition in the GRPress. I guess FMG was at the DDA meeting yesterday and got $25K to support the exhibit.

$400K budget total, $100K each from Frey and Meijer Foundations with corporate and individual gifts picking up the rest of the tab. Site sponsorships? Gotta be.

Article says more than 20 sculptures, but I read 26 somewhere.

Downtown's going to be packed to the rafters with people this summer.

That's awesome! A great excuse to invite friends and family to come visit GR this summer. This and all the tower cranes :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, and make it a House of Flavors, a successful up north chain.

House of Flavors, in Ludington? I didn't know it was a chain. I knew they manufactured ice cream. I think they have a single ice cream shop in Ludington. There's a House of Flavors in Pentwater too...but I didn't think they were the same thing. Help?

House of Flavors, in Ludington? I didn't know it was a chain. I knew they manufactured ice cream. I think they have a single ice cream shop in Ludington. There's a House of Flavors in Pentwater too...but I didn't think they were the same thing. Help?

They have locations in Pentwater, Ludington and Manistee. They used to also have locations in Cadillac and Traverse City. Their manufacturing plant is in Ludington.

Archived