Sculpture Exhibit Downtown Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

At least two will be located along the two pedestrian bridges that connect DeVos Place and the Ford Museum and the tressle bridge that connects to GVSU. Also one will be located near La Grande Vitesse. Monroe Center area would be another good guess, as you mentioned Andy.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have locations in Pentwater, Ludington and Manistee. They used to also have locations in Cadillac and Traverse City. Their manufacturing plant is in Ludington.

This is a little late on discussion, but the House of Flavors in Pentwater is no longer part of the House of Flavors chain, it just shares the same name. I'm not sure if two restraunts is enough to make a chain.

• 3 weeks later...

More info on the Otterness exhibit. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is going to be way cool!

Sculptures are made to touch, climb onto and enjoy

By Jeffrey Kaczmarczyk

The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS -- Sculptor Tom Otterness has a secret. (apparently he got the memo)

Of course, he's pleased when people stop to admire his whimsical bronze sculptures, some with provocative titles such as "Free Money."

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but it looks like the Gardens is starting to drop off sculptures in their places. Got these at the Kent County Courthouse and on the DeVos Place bridge.

147711609_985941f782_m.jpg

147711613_55595aa059_m.jpg

That second one on the bridge is really difficult to shoot. Tried to get the Amway in, but only got the Exhibitor's Bldg.

Checked the Calder, Monroe Center and blue bridge, nothing there yet.

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but it looks like the Gardens is starting to drop off sculptures in their places. Got these at the Kent County Courthouse and on the DeVos Place bridge.

147711609_985941f782_m.jpg

147711613_55595aa059_m.jpg

That second one on the bridge is really difficult to shoot. Tried to get the Amway in, but only got the Exhibitor's Bldg.

Checked the Calder, Monroe Center and blue bridge, nothing there yet.

Looks like there's a Members reception for those of you with FMG memberships. May 30....7pm...includes a presentation by the artist as well as a preview of the pieces.

Sounds cool; I will be attending along with Mrs. LocalTalent, so you know the paparazzi will be there.

Dad, approachable indeed. Just got back from seeing the works. It's really neat. I'm quite taken back by the size of the sculptures, I was actually supprised. I was jumping around and screaming, "This is sooo COOL!" Yah that tall leprechaun was me. I saw a dude taking pictures, nice ones by the way :shades:

Archived