Sculpture Exhibit Downtown Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fear not, oh righteous citizens of Grand Rapids! I spied no 20' long third leg on this guy:

152080735_c2b3c1e9f0_b.jpg

Moving on...

152080736_b0a2065d18.jpg

Interesting... He has enourmous hands and feet, but no sign of a third leg.

Guess that myth is busted.

(Sorry. Dangerously :offtopic:, but I couldn't resist.)

They called it the "sacred triangle"? So who is buried there? Or what great battle was fought there where blood was shed and people gave their lives? How is this triangle defined? Is it like the Bermuda Triangle? Quadaffi's line of death?

Yes, it's a memorial and the memorial itself should be given respect. To suggest that the ground around it is "sacred", however, is stretching it. If I wanted to open a "Dukes of Hazzard" museum across the street, would the General Lee's confederate flag paint job be defiling sacred ground? If some redneck with a confederate flag flying from the rollbar on his 4x4 drives by on the road, is he doing the same?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N21D5372D

Cool old postcard image (could be yours!)

(Bruce is not all that old. Drop by DT Kinko and see for yourself.)

Everytime I see these things all I can think of is a Jack in the Box commercial.

1bc370fc75.gif

We could use at least one JITB here in GR :(

They remind me of the Retro stylized characters from a little game called"Fallout" ( wall05.jpg) (I'm linking, cause my image hosts arent appearing to be working)

He? I figured it was a girl (what with the dress and all)

Hmm, you could be right. I didn't check under the hood to see for sure. :lol: Although these characters seem to wear a bunch of different outfits not necessarily gender specific.

Hmm, you could be right. I didn't check under the hood to see for sure. :lol: Although these characters seem to wear a bunch of different outfits not necessarily gender specific.

Whats the one aiming her camera at anyway? I'm thinking of taking a personal tour today or tomorrow

Everytime I see these things all I can think of is a Jack in the Box commercial.

They remind me of characters in Matt Groening's comic strip Love is Hell (available in freebie weeklies like the Metro Times in Detroit and City Paper in Lansing).

Nice catch dbrok. There should be 5 new ones going up at the corner of Lyon and Monroe soon, as well as Ballerina and Tin Soldier in front of Devos Place.

Thanks. The five at Lyon and Monroe should be pretty humorous; they'll be busy beavers in front of the 5/3 building each doing a different task like carrying a briefcase, talking on a cell phone, etc.

Archived