Virginia Beach Coffee House

erdogs

It looks like the steel has been erected for the 2nd Amerigroup building by the interstate.

I drive by that site everyday coming home from work. Too bad they couldn't have built one tall building. The heighth limit prevents it in that area. That is also where Pat Robertson wants to build his bible thumping mixed-use village. :whistling:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive by that site everyday coming home from work. Too bad they couldn't have built one tall building. The heighth limit prevents it in that area. That is also where Pat Robertson wants to build his bible thumping mixed-use village. :whistling:

Pat Robertson is an idiot but don't start insulting someone else's beliefs because you don't believe it. :angry:

Pat Robertson is an idiot but don't start insulting someone else's beliefs because you don't believe it. :angry:

I just know this will be a place I won't be welcome. It's not the beliefs as much as the talaban way of implementation. i.e. government institutionalizing of those beleifs. God and me are ok.

I just know this will be a place I won't be welcome. It's not the beliefs as much as the talaban way of implementation. i.e. government institutionalizing of those beleifs. God and me are ok.

Pat Robertson isn't much of a figurehead for Evangelist Christians anyway. Much of his remarks are over the top extremist statements. Having Pat Robertson, with his reputation, building any form of religious village in Virginia Beach would do more harm than good for the out of city views of the area because of the ideas he represents. His intolerance to diversity and extremism caused a protest to his face being on the walls at one of the main exists of the airport a few years back. However there was nothing that could be done about it because of his right to advertise the 700 Club. I must say however, people have become very cleaver and I do enjoy the devil horns and mustache drawn on his advertising board whenever I come back from the airport.

Pat Robertson isn't much of a figurehead for Evangelist Christians anyway. Much of his remarks are over the top extremist statements. Having Pat Robertson, with his reputation, building any form of religious village in Virginia Beach would do more harm than good for the out of city views of the area because of the ideas he represents. His intolerance to diversity and extremism caused a protest to his face being on the walls at one of the main exists of the airport a few years back. However there was nothing that could be done about it because of his right to advertise the 700 Club. I must say however, people have become very cleaver and I do enjoy the devil horns and mustache drawn on his advertising board whenever I come back from the airport.

LORD! I've seen his cocky-@$$ face four times in the past 2 months on that frickin' wall. Tear it down NOW...

and...

replace it with a picture of Granby or the Westin :D

Or at least Missy Elliott. Jeez.

Cmon lets not scare new arrivals. :sick:

hahaha, touche, but, who would you rather see? Quirky rapper or a man that declared 4/5ths of the world damned to hell? I think the latter may present a slightly negative image should Norfolk International ever become an actual International Airport...

Cmon lets not scare new arrivals. :sick:

I agree. Lil Kim is a lot more pleasant image. Or better yet. How about the the tandem of Ron and Rico Mexico? Since Rico has brough over his trouble-making skills to a Mickey D's in Suffolk, I figure ORF has as much of a right to them as PHF.

funny thing is I met Missy Elliott several times when she was still in high school. She did some performances with a bunch of other bands (a friend of mine played in a band that did these too). She was pretty nice to talk to when I met her, who knew it would end up being the same girl from P-Town Virginia to make it in the music industry.

Maybe we should start a music thread . Who is your favorite local musician. Just a thought.

The coffee house is for all that and more. Sorta off-topic for the off-topic. This way the off-topic thread can still remain for general urban topics/issues/articles that do not fit into a particular category.

The coffee house is for all that and more. Sorta off-topic for the off-topic. This way the off-topic thread can still remain for general urban topics/issues/articles that do not fit into a particular category.

Speaking of which, perhaps I should generalize the thread descriptions of both coffee houses a bit so people know this. :blush:

I think it's funny that popular music (on television) contains stories of now famous rap stars selling poor quality drugs to locals (Jay-Z, H to the IZZO) or the other song about robbing the stupid locals (50 cent). We get beat up pretty badly when it comes to hip hop. Of course the Clipse does their duties encouraging lots of black on black violence. Hip Hop has done more damage than the KKK could ever hope to achieve. But that is for a different discussion.

Do the members of the local urban planet forums ever do an in real life lunch grab or social?

Heh Pat Robertson, our very own. There was also Edgar Casey, not exactly one in the same but also another popular local.

A while ago I was working on a local wiki as part of a site I run called HRConnect. I was going to try to identify all movies (Like Making Contact, Navy Seals, and Virus) and TV episodes (like the new detectives) that were filmed in or feature bits and pieces of Hampton Roads. There is a number of TV shows (X-Files, perhaps JAG or NCIS, the MTV show where fans get to meet famous people, etc).

Okay, 3 unrelated topics is enough for one post!

One question:

How can general math be racially biased?

:lol: I knew this would pop up somewhere. Honestly, I don't know. The idea sounds so preposterous to me that I really didn't bother reading the article, but perhaps I should so that I can better understand the issue. Math is math, there really aren't too many ways to add bias in anyones favor.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived