Virginia Beach Coffee House

erdogs

O'reilly brings debate to mayors home

Whether we agree or disagree over this can we at least stay out of the womans driveway. :rolleyes::lol:

Bill O'Reilly is taking his fight straight to Mayor Meyera Oberndorf. Days after the Fox News personality first blamed Oberndorf in the deaths of two teenagers killed in a drunken driving wreck, one of O'Reilly's producers showed up Monday in the mayor's driveway.

A flustered-looking Oberndorf dodged questions and politely asked the producer to leave. Oberndorf's husband, Roger, grabbed a microphone in the producer's hand before angrily answering a few queries.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess that is all in the eye of the beholder, now isn't it? "Ambush journalism" was developed into an art form by Mike Wallace on "60 Minutes", but there is a big difference here. The Mayor has been afforded every opportunity to appear on O'Reilly's show, but has decided not to appear. Perfectly her right to do so. Also their right to try to get a comment. You see, presenting both sides of the story is the essence of "fair and balanced journalism". Biased journalism would be not attempting to get both sides of the story.

I guess that is all in the eye of the beholder, now isn't it? "Ambush journalism" was developed into an art form by Mike Wallace on "60 Minutes", but there is a big difference here. The Mayor has been afforded every opportunity to appear on O'Reilly's show, but has decided not to appear. Perfectly her right to do so. Also their right to try to get a comment. You see, presenting both sides of the story is the essence of "fair and balanced journalism". Biased journalism would be not attempting to get both sides of the story.

Wow, the pilot just slams O'reilly in this editorial. :scared:

Getting dizzy in the spin zone

Bill O'Reilly is a symbol of all that's great about America. The United States is a nation so open and so free that even a fact-challenged windbag can make millions pretending to be a journalist. Where else but here?

The problem is that O'Reilly won't stay in New York where the right's Rosie O'Donnell preaches to his nightly choir. He just had to come to Virginia where he smeared Virginia Beach Mayor Meyera Oberndorf as "clueless" and "deceitful." Those words might be more properly applied to his coverage of the deaths of Alison Kunhardt and Tessa Tranchant.

O'reilly still after Oberndorf

WELCOME TO THE MAW of the "no spin zone," Mayor. You may be in for an extended ride.

Meyera Oberndorf, Virginia Beach's longest-tenured mayor, has become a repeated target of Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly.

He has labeled her "limited in her intellectual capacity" and suggested that Oberndorf stay home in the kitchen rather than try to run the state's largest city.

Fox news commentary is nothing more than a lot of &*&#&@*(& $#@&*&( (*(*)(@#&^% &&(*&(#$ rotfish @#&&@(#*& festering ^&^@()$_*( &*)#) stupid exploitive ^#$()*$*87 #$)&*&)* dog^%_@# broth &*(^%@#^ )(_)&*&. So why bother to comment on it? This is the only national attention we can get?

• 1 year later...

Interesting article in the Pilot of the acquisition of Coastal Training Technologies by Dupont. I really do hope this translates into more jobs down the road for the city. Not to gripe, but the city has great intentions to bring good businesses here but seems short on delivery . I remember when that office park was going up and how excited the city was because Coastal was going to locate here. Anyone know if any other businesses came to this park? Also, makes me think of the Corporate West Park (I think it was) where Geico finally located. That park stood empty for many years until Geico was wooed there. There may be a few other businesses there now but if I am not mistaken a great of land remains undeveloped. It's time for Va Beach to step up and bring more good paying jobs to our city. Just look out at Raleigh or Richmond with their many Fortune 500 companies. We here in Hampton Roads have 1 or 2 to our credit.

Once or twice a year I just have to post this kind of comment. Ok, that's off my chest for now. Next!

Growth of the Corporate Landing Business Park was supposedly dependent on the access that the Southeastern Parkway woulod have provided. It would be a relatively simple matter to use some of the available right of way for the Parkway and connect Oceana Boulevard to the business park. That would provide better access at a reasonable cost. Now, if intolerable jet noise is holding the business park growth back, and I think that it is, that's a different matter.

Interesting article in the Pilot of the acquisition of Coastal Training Technologies by Dupont. I really do hope this translates into more jobs down the road for the city. Not to gripe, but the city has great intentions to bring good businesses here but seems short on delivery . I remember when that office park was going up and how excited the city was because Coastal was going to locate here. Anyone know if any other businesses came to this park? Also, makes me think of the Corporate West Park (I think it was) where Geico finally located. That park stood empty for many years until Geico was wooed there. There may be a few other businesses there now but if I am not mistaken a great of land remains undeveloped. It's time for Va Beach to step up and bring more good paying jobs to our city. Just look out at Raleigh or Richmond with their many Fortune 500 companies. We here in Hampton Roads have 1 or 2 to our credit.

Once or twice a year I just have to post this kind of comment. Ok, that's off my chest for now. Next!

• 7 months later...

Archived