Virginia Beach Coffee House

erdogs

Let me add that I can't think of any time that I would willfully watch CBN so if i'm able to cut that and channels that carry similar programs out of my bill, i'm all for it.

Don't think it's CBN.. or the Family Channel or where-ever it is now... But it always makes me laugh when I flip around and catch the 700 Club, and they have that skyline backdrop in their studio. It's like New York or something and I think who are they fooling, that's not the Virginia Beach skyline. :P

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Beach Hotel Receives Bad Rep. on Internet

Is the Tropicana Resort the filthiest hotel in the U.S.? Internet rankings can often be dubious. On the other hand, the internet can be a useful tool for travelers. TripAdvisor and other sites can be good sources of information, but said info. can just as easily be tainted by shills from competing establishments. I'm curious if anyone has visited this hotel...Is it really this bad?

The Virginian Pilot

Beach Hotel Receives Bad Rep. on Internet

Is the Tropicana Resort the filthiest hotel in the U.S.? Internet rankings can often be dubious. On the other hand, the internet can be a useful tool for travelers. TripAdvisor and other sites can be good sources of information, but said info. can just as easily be tainted by shills from competing establishments. I'm curious if anyone has visited this hotel...Is it really this bad?

The Virginian Pilot

• 1 month later...

Illegal immigrant scandal

Virginia Beach city officials tried to squash a maelstrom of national criticism against them today arising from the death of two teenagers by a driver who was in the country illegally. Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly, on his show "The O'Reilly Factor," criticized the mayor and the city Wednesday night for providing “sanctuary” to illegal immigrants.

He'll probably continue talking about this for days... he's been on a 'immigrant sanctuary' rave recently. I HATE O'Reilly... I watch Countdown just because on some insignificant level I'm helping boost Olbermann's ratings. :thumbsup:

** It was the fact that the man was drunk, not that he was here illegally that caused the death of those two girls. I wish we could get rid of the term illegal immigrant. People can't be illegal!

***I was right, he's talking about it now! He just gave props to Kerry Dougherty... despicable! He also said he was going to make Virginia Beach "the last stand" on immigration on his show. Is any publicity good publicity?

Olbermann is a complete moron! OReilly does have some good points and I wouldn't call illegal immigration hate filled agenda. That is a total smoke screen to the main point of what illegal immigration does to this country!

There are Mexicans that came into this country that are outraged by illegal immigration and I would imagine they aren't racist against their own people.

He didn't do a good job getting his point across. The point is, this guy should have been deported the first time he broke the law and these two girls paid the price. I don't see a problem with calling him an illegal immigrant, when he broke the law the moment he crossed our border. We either have a law that is enforced or we don't have a law at all. It's like someone stealing from a store and saying since he got away with it we shouldn't put him in jail when we find out about it. To me, that's pretty simple logic. Why don't some people get that? :dontknow:

Well if we changed the laws, as the President suggests (the only smart thing he has suggested), then they would be breaking laws because they wouldn't have a reason to. Do you really want to be known as the generation that rounded up 11 million people for wanting to pick oranges?

I don't see the need in rounding up 11 million people, but if they break the law then hell yes. What is the point of having a law that isn't enforced?

No, you call them illegal shoplifters. You don't like calling people illegal? What should we call them, dishonest immigrants, or is that too harsh for you?

I suggest everyone take 4 minutes and check out this factual, yet commical look at "The History of Illegal Immigration, in just a few minutes" by Glenn Beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=750Ka3PIKds

This accident brings to light two problems in our a laws. Laws on drunk driving and illegal immigration need to be tighted up. This guy fell through two cracks in the system and law needs to not worry about be to PC; in that, if they suspect a person of being illegally here, an officer should be able to ask for proof of residence or citizenship without "hurting ones civil rights" and get sued if the suspect is in fact a citizen.

Officers investigate, ask questions, and detect as there job in getting to the truth. So, if by invesigating into the supsects origin, by asking a question, will help get more criminals off of the street. Then I say, go for it.

WOW! Thanks for the link. I just watched it for the first time.

I think they both "lost it" (not that it's the right term) because they are both very strong in there convictions. Geraldo, being a lawyer looked at this from a purly legal stand point. "He wasn't deported becuase he hadn't committed a felony yet" (paraphrase) Bill, being a former school principal and teacher saw this from a more...human...perspective....maybe more wholistic perspective.

I agree with Bill on this one. He was illegal. He shouldn't have been here in the first place. These two girls would still be alive if A) He wasn't drunk, and B) (More finite) if he wasn't in this country to begin with.

Our boarder is so full of wholes that, God forbid, it won't be just Mexicans coming from Mexico. It'll be the next terrorists to attack us on our soil!

I'm not against immigration, just illegal immigration. Hell, this country was founded on it! My family came to Ellis Island from Sicily cerca 100 years ago.

I don't see how being drunk is less finite than him being in the country... had he been sober it would not have happened, just the same as if he wasn't here. If he had been deported, it is logical to assume he could have done the same thing there. O'Reilly is not looking at it from a human perspective, none of us are. If we were, we wouldn't be discussing it as a source of political controversy.

:lol: Ha. It's not often that I see Geraldo as a balanced person but he sure came out to be the more reasonable one in this exchange.

In other news Virginia Beach Stikes Back Get him Meyera.

City leaders launched a counterattack against Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly on Thursday, calling him a "TV show gadfly" after he blamed the city in the deaths of two teenagers and accused local leaders of providing sanctuary to illegal immigrants.

Whoever said that the city should sue, I agree. They should sue on the basis of slander and inciting an irrational fear in tourists to come to the city. If they could get the people who canceled their trips based on what was said on the show to testify or to at least give a statement, they could probably win.

This is just even more proof of why to not watch these stupid talk shows where the hosts go crazy and just talk to hear the sound of their own voice....

So how exactly do you plan on doing that?

I don't know how anyone from here, who supports the area, could possibly side with O'Reilly who says that VB is a sanctuary city. That's a complete contradiction. How are you going to say you want growth and development, and agree with a man who has enormous support from conservatives, which are unfortunately the backbone of big business. I hope no deals fall through because they heard O'Reilly lie through his teeth. That plus the lost tourism would make for one hell of a lawsuit, like I said before.

I don't understand your question. We have a law inforcement agency dedicated to this very deal. We pay taxes for them to do there job. But, like most government services they are bloated and ineffective. There is too much red tape and paperwork that leads to nowhere. How 'bout this. Get rid of the PC mentality and call it like it is. I applaud O'reilly for standing up for the people. Name one time he has not come down for the rights of people over government and big business please. Call it like it is. You hate O'reilly because he doesn't share your veiwpoints and he's not afraid to call it out. One other thing. If he was a moron and baffoon like you suggest. How come he has one of if not the most highly rated talk show of all time? Seems to me quite a few people actually agree with this man and actually listen to him and buy his books. Are you calling all of us who do idiots and bafoons. Just because you disagree with someone who has a national platform and isn't afraid to say what many people feel and believe does not give you a right to hate. I don't side with O'reilly all the time, in fact he is over the top on some issues, however, that doesn't make him an idiot.

Archived