Virginia Beach Coffee House

erdogs

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a side thought but does someone want to figure out how to email O'Reiley and tell him that if he wants to investigate a REAL "Sanctuary City" and not a city that has a relatively very low amount of illegals, he should go to all of Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland, and DC itself, ESPECIALLY Fairfax... There is a 7-11 in Fairfax County where illegals stand all morning waiting for people to pick them up... They are day laborers, yet never do they get arrested....

Please explain the fact checking please. I was going to respond to the baffoon and moron comment but vdogg did that for me. If you would have read the post that started all of this words like Hate and blowhard were used I was just summing up the attitudes of some of the posters here. I don't just post stuff at random. This is the last subject I want to even be talking about and with that said I will post no more after this. And why can't you deport 11 million people out of 300 million (3.5%) people especially in calculated raids over time. For one it will show these illegel immigrants that America means business and people will think twice about doing it. Right now the innaction does nothing but create a 'sanctuary' for illegal immigrents.

You didn't refer to the opinions of others, just mine. It seems I was the only one against O'Reilly, other than the occasional vdogg post, and I believe you were responding to my comment. So either way you suggested I called him a buffoon, and I didn't, I simply think he's wrong. You refer to 11 million as if it were a small number, it is impossible to deport that many people. I can't imagine what America would be like if this were to happen. The thought of police squads and raiding, and trains full of millions of people being shipped off to a life they don't want... sounds reminiscent of Nazi Germany. That's not my America.

That's exactly right. I called the guy a blowhard and I said he has a hate filled agenda and I will stand by both points. One guy who I used to say that about but I later changed my mind was Pat Buchanan. He is just as anti-illegal immigrant as O'reilly but since he has been appearing on msnbc I have found his viewpoints to be very intelligent and well thought out and more focused on the issues and practicalities of actually controlling the problem. Contrast this with O'reilly who is not interested in any type of true dialog with his guests but rather in using talking points that are designed to rile the base and drum up the most controversy and ratings. Perhaps if I viewed a show where he was actually interested in listening to another persons point of view or understanding an issue i'd change my mind about him as well.

You have to give the guy credit vdogg, atleast he has people like John Kerry, Whoopi, and many others who disagree with him on his program. The man does not cower in a corner and avoid his political opposites like Olberman. I think he went too far on this issue, but he has real passion about it that is not fake.

All I know is two things. One is that a lot of people develop strong opinions about complex issues that are difficult to understand. The other is that our media doesn't always help us to understand complex issues. They just want us to pay attention to them so that we will buy things. I think that some variation on Bush's proposal for immigration reform would be useful, and it seems to be taking forever to make any headway on this issue, rather than recreating the Berlin Wall in the U.S. Other than that, drunk drivers are potential killers, wherever they come from.

I don't really want to get into the O'Reilly vs. Meyera issue. The main issue here is the first obligation of government -- to ensure the safety of citizens. It isn't building new town centers, it isn't providing transportation, or even schools -- it is making sure you can drive, or shop, and not have to fear for your life. You can cut this any way you want, but if Mr. Ramos wasn't in the US, without authorization, then he would not have killed those two girls. Could they have been killed by a home grown drunk driver, like Steve Crumbly? Of course. But had Mr. Ramos been sent home after his first DUI, then they would be alive. In that case, he presented a (turned out to be fake) international drivers license and a Va. vehicle registration. Thirty days after moving to Va., you have to have Va. license AND registration. The fact he had one and not the other should have been a red flag, especially if it is an international drivers license. Blame the Chesapeake PD for that one.

If he had been asked his immigration status when he was arrested for public intoxication in VB, then perhaps he could have been sent home. But the VB police, at the direction of the Chief (and in direct conflict with what the PD mouthpiece first said about "civil rights" issues) do not ask immigration status of misdemeanor arrests. What ID did he present? The fake international drivers license? Like Kerry Doughtery said, if you have to call for an intrepreter, then doesn't that raise a red flag? And how was he released? On own recognizance? Non-native english speaking, no VA driver's license -- and they let him out on OR? Blame VB PD and the courts for that one.

But this case is eerilly (?) reminiscent of the murder of Kelly Reilly. If you remember, she was murdered in VB by a convicted felon, who was out on bail (PR -- no $$$ need be posted). on the appeal of a petty larceny charge. Only problem is that even his own attorney says that he probably wouldn't have been bailed out had the judge known of his record, which included fifteen crimes in four different cities. The VB prosecutor says he didn't check his record with other cities. EXCUSE ME? Let's go back to the first responsibility of government. There are so many ways that this region is disfunctional because of these little fiefdoms, but when it comes to public safety, there really isn't an excuse. If we can't get a major league sports team because no city wants to help another, then so be it. But if they can't tie their arrest and conviction records into a single database, then what is going on. Same issue with Ramos -- here five years, arrested four times. VB didn't know of his Chesapeake arrests, and vice versa.

It was so funny to watch Meyera crawfish when the spotlight shone on her. She and the rest of those idiots need to get this one right and stop worrying about whether Korean developers are real or not. They need to send out a clear message that crime isn't tolerated in VB. They can start with strict enforcement of every law -- like the number of people here, not in the military, that have out of state plates. Completely ignored by VB police (and that comes straight from VB Treasurer, John Atkinson). Then, start enforcing state law banning modified exhausts. Simple law -- if your exhaust is modified, then you have to prove it isn't louder than stock. Jack up a few, and the rest will fall in line. Chris Hitchens came to VB to rob someone, and poor Kelly Reilly got killed as a result. Must have thought he wouldn't get jacked up. Ramos drove around for five years on a fake international drivers license. Must have thought he wouldn't get jacked up. And whose fault is it that both of those criminals had that feeling? The same person that was weaseling on TV.

I can't imagine what America would be like if this were to happen. The thought of police squads and raiding, and trains full of millions of people being shipped off to a life they don't want... sounds reminiscent of Nazi Germany. That's not my America.

Nice hyperbole. There really isn't a parallel. No one would be deported because of their religion (unlike in Germany) -- they would be deported because of their immigration status. No US citizens would be deported (unlike German citizens) -- they might choose to accompany their non-citizen parents home, but that would be a choice. Bigger issue is that once you shut down the employment potential, then most will "self-deport", especially if you follow Rep. Mike Pence's plan for guest worker visas to be issued in home countries. If the path to legal work status involves a voluntary trip home, then most will choose that.

That much hyperbole, I thought I was watching O"Reilly

Simple English lesson. Immigrant is a noun. Nouns can be modified by adjectives, usually involving a state or a condition. One such state, especially as it relates to immigration, is legality. One can be a legal immigrant, or an illegal immigrant. They are both still immigrants, just in different states or conditions -- a binary condition, where you can be one or the other. There is no alternative state or condition, so the adjective is very descriptive.

Your shoplifter analogy has no comparison.

Haha, ok. This has strayed about as far off-topic as I kind stand. Lets keep it within the bounds of this past weeks tragic incident, Illegal immigration as it pertains to our cities situation, and the fox news allegations against our city and our cities response to it.

Illegal immigrant scandal

Do we have an illegal immigration problem? Yes. Do I take anything that comes out of that blowhard Oreilly or Faux New's mouth? Hell no. That guy is the Andy Fox of the national news networks and I can't stand him. He is taking a very tragic incident and using it to spew both his hate filled agenda and get ratings [/rant]

Haha. As you can tell this one riled me a bit. :lol:

Recognize these words?

"We have a zero tolerance policy for the following:

Multiple accounts

Imitating someone else under a username from another board

Flaming/bashing one person
or a group of people"

Seems like that is what you are doing. The rules don't say "flaming/bashing one poster here", they say "person". And I think, no matter how much you don't like him, Bill O'Reilly fits that description.

Archived