Is this really news?

bwindi25

Jan. 31 Press Article

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...2140.xml&coll=6

"GRAND RAPIDS -- Realtor Mike Childress likes the home he bought about six years ago in the Belknap Lookout neighborhood -- and not just for its location overlooking downtown.

According to City Assessor Glen Beekman, older neighborhoods such as Belknap are hot spots when it comes to increasing property values. The Belknap area is one of 19 inner-city neighborhoods that saw property values go up 10 percent or more last year, said Beekman, who conducts annual sales studies to keep track of neighborhood property values every year."

This is a shout out to all you urban pioneers who invested, worked and lived in GR neighborhoods 10 years ago before the risk got taken out of it. You deserve the increased value.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jan. 31 Press Article

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...2140.xml&coll=6

"GRAND RAPIDS -- Realtor Mike Childress likes the home he bought about six years ago in the Belknap Lookout neighborhood -- and not just for its location overlooking downtown.

According to City Assessor Glen Beekman, older neighborhoods such as Belknap are hot spots when it comes to increasing property values. The Belknap area is one of 19 inner-city neighborhoods that saw property values go up 10 percent or more last year, said Beekman, who conducts annual sales studies to keep track of neighborhood property values every year."

This is a shout out to all you urban pioneers who invested, worked and lived in GR neighborhoods 10 years ago before the risk got taken out of it. You deserve the increased value.

I'm not sure what I deserve (I'll leave that to the rest of the Planet) ... regardless I will be enjoying my equity. I will have left Belknap better than it was when I got there.

On to the next one...

I know this seems ordinary to people on these boards but this is news to a lot of people. Especially those living on the edge of the metropolitan area and in the suburbs who only know the typical "dirty, poor, dangerous" downtown stereotype. We should be happy that this kind of issue is receiving press and that it hopefully educate people and spark their interest.

Archived