Darryl Hunt Documentary to be aired on HBO.

twincity

So while Greensboro is getting national attention from reality shows,(and maybe even High Point) Winston-Salem is making its national debut via a murder case domcumentary. Whats your thoughts. i know that when something controversial, especially racial happens in a city, it leaves a bad taste in viewers' mouths when put to film...ex. Rodney King...LA, "Summer of S.A.M....NYC", "Mississippi Burning", "Helter Skelter.". Could this do the same to Winston-Salem, even though this happend over two decades ago? Do you think this will harm the city's efforts in branding W-S a great place to live?

website

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while Greensboro is getting national attention from reality shows,(and maybe even High Point) Winston-Salem is making its national debut via a murder case domcumentary. Whats your thoughts. i know that when something controversial, especially racial happens in a city, it leaves a bad taste in viewers' mouths when put to film...ex. Rodney King...LA, "Summer of S.A.M....NYC", "Mississippi Burning", "Helter Skelter.". Could this do the same to Winston-Salem, even though this happend over two decades ago? Do you think this will harm the city's efforts in branding W-S a great place to live?

website

I don't think this will have an effect on the city but it will show as to how biast and crooked that trial was back in that time. I would hope people viewing this show in other states would have an open mind as to see that Winston isn't the same as it was in 1984. It would be nice if they showed a before and after of the city and showed how we were sorry and apoligized and how the governor gave Darryl a compensation package for all the years he was in prison.

Archived