Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayblogger

Oscar Best Picture Poll

Oscar Best Picture Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Best Picture

• Brokeback Mountain
    • Capote
    • Crash
    • Good Night, and Good Luck
    • Munich

after a long deliberation... i'm voting for Brokeback Mountain

i'd really like to see Crash or Good Night, and Good Luck win, but i think the Academy voters are going to pull for Ang Lee and the Mountain all the way.

" Good Night, and Good Luck" is about the famous CBS broadcast journalist Edward R. Murrow. Edward R. Murrow was born in Greensboro and there is a major thoroughfare in downtown Greensboro named after him (Murrow Blvd). There is also a bust of him located on Murrow Blvd. He was like the Dan Rather of the times.

Can't vote because I haven't seen any of those movies.

I second that motion! None of these flicks actually tickled my fancy anyway..... <_<

I voted for Munich, but it will probably go to Brokeback Mountain because of the content. Brokeback is not any different than most other films, except that it has popular actors playing gay roles. I'll be happy if Rachel Weiss wins best supporting actress.

Come on! Am I the only one that thinks Capote has a chance?

I just saw Capote today, so now I've seen all 5.

IMHO it wasn't as good as the others. It dragged a little at the end. So did Brokeback and Munich, but it was worse with Capote because I knew how it was going to end. I thought Crash was great, but it didn't rise to the level of what was achieved with GN+GL and Brokeback. In any other year, I think GN+GL would win, but the Brokeback train is not going to stop.

RT: why do you think Capote hs a chance?

I saw Brokeback, and it was good, but I liked Crash better. I voted Brokeback though because I expect it to sweep this year. I could be wrong, but just have a feeling.