The Old Zayre Building on Murfressboro Rd

harryctcn1

The old Flea Market is gone as well as the haunted house and the whole property is gated off. The bricks that used to be red are now painted a light tan so logic says they are not tearing it down. Whatever it is , look emminent becasue they have done all this in the last few days. Any info would be helpful

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old Flea Market is gone as well as the haunted house and the whole property is gated off. The bricks that used to be red are now painted a light tan so logic says they are not tearing it down. Whatever it is , look emminent becasue they have done all this in the last few days. Any info would be helpful

Perhaps yet another Walmart? Isn't the closest one from there way down east on Murf. Rd close to Lavergne? I haven't been over in that area in years I can't remember how big the property is. Could you possibly take a picture of its current condition? The Haunted House graffiti was an eyesore IMO.

Edit: I drove by there today, it looks a whole lot better. There were all kinds of folks on the other side of the fence doing some kind of work on the building. Speaking of that area, I was impressed with the Willowbrook shopping center up on E. Thompson Ln. I have not been on that road since the Kroger was at the corner of Thompson Ln and Murf. rd. Even the Exxon at the corner has "closed permanently' as the sign states. Hard to believe HG Hills is still open there, most of them that I used to shop at are long gone.

Archived