Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weill

Breaking News: Record Exchange closes Blacksburg location

In its more than 20 years in Blacksburg, the Record Exchange has survived each transition of the music industry, selling first records, then cassettes and finally CDs.

But the ease and frequency with which CDs are now copied or

In its more than 20 years in Blacksburg, the Record Exchange has survived each transition of the music industry, selling first records, then cassettes and finally CDs.

But the ease and frequency with which CDs are now copied or

Link

Yikes, looks like Im an offendor of the article posting policy sorry about that, i write my own, I wasnt sure if i could poast article, again sorry wont happen again

Link

Yikes, looks like Im an offendor of the article posting policy sorry about that, i write my own, I wasnt sure if i could poast article, again sorry wont happen again

Wasn't sure which is why I asked. :thumbsup:

yes, is it still illegal to post non-copyright articles?

You may paraphrase an article but never copy the entire article here. also have a link available for your source.

I can't tell you how sad I am that The Record Exchange closed down. When I was in college, I went there at least 4 times a week, every week.

It was my favorite store in town. Used CDs from The Record Exchange helped me grow my music collection from 2 CDs to over 400 in five years.

Even when I didn't live there anymore, I went to The Record Exchange every time I was in town. It was a part of my life for so long, it was nice to stop by and see what was going on.

So many Blacksburg retail and restaurant staples from my college years have disappeared: Eagle Express, Davidsons, Sport Shack, Arnold's, Books Strings & Things, the Chinese place near College Avenue...it's very sad to think about sometimes. :(

Yeah i was pretty shocked myself. I really love Record Exchange, Im glad it wasnt a Roanoke/Salem location though.
I could take or leave the Salem location though. I never found any music I liked out there.

My brother worked at the Salem one, so that is why ive grown attached to it
I see. I usually go to Towers these days. It's not as good as Blacksburg used to be though.

I see. I usually go to Towers these days. It's not as good as Blacksburg used to be though.

The last time I was in the Towers store, I thought it was a shadow of the old store at Cave Spring Corners. The Blacksburg was great back when I went to VT. God only knows how much money I spent in there.

The last time I was in the Towers store, I thought it was a shadow of the old store at Cave Spring Corners. The Blacksburg was great back when I went to VT. God only knows how much money I spent in there.
The Cave Spring Corners store was definately better; bigger, better selection. My only complaint was that the music form the exercise classes at New Fitness drowned out the in-store music most days.

I forget who turned me on to used CDs, but I think I bought about half of the new arrivals bin in Blacksburg each week. :lol:

well i guess now you can get any song you want on the internet for free, why go pay $10 for it?
Nobody makes money from downloads. If nobody makes money, new artist development grinds to a halt.

I remember a few years ago the record industry rallied against used CDs. I guess they wouldn't have been so hard on them had they known downloading would become so prevalent ;)