Breaking News: Record Exchange closes Blacksburg location

weill

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't tell you how sad I am that The Record Exchange closed down. When I was in college, I went there at least 4 times a week, every week.

It was my favorite store in town. Used CDs from The Record Exchange helped me grow my music collection from 2 CDs to over 400 in five years.

Even when I didn't live there anymore, I went to The Record Exchange every time I was in town. It was a part of my life for so long, it was nice to stop by and see what was going on.

So many Blacksburg retail and restaurant staples from my college years have disappeared: Eagle Express, Davidsons, Sport Shack, Arnold's, Books Strings & Things, the Chinese place near College Avenue...it's very sad to think about sometimes. :(

I see. I usually go to Towers these days. It's not as good as Blacksburg used to be though.

The last time I was in the Towers store, I thought it was a shadow of the old store at Cave Spring Corners. The Blacksburg was great back when I went to VT. God only knows how much money I spent in there.

The last time I was in the Towers store, I thought it was a shadow of the old store at Cave Spring Corners. The Blacksburg was great back when I went to VT. God only knows how much money I spent in there.
The Cave Spring Corners store was definately better; bigger, better selection. My only complaint was that the music form the exercise classes at New Fitness drowned out the in-store music most days.

I forget who turned me on to used CDs, but I think I bought about half of the new arrivals bin in Blacksburg each week. :lol:

Archived