Resturant/Bar that you wish nashville had.

showtime21

1. ESPN ZONE- went to the one in Atlanta and just fell in love with the atmosphere.

2. Pappaduex- Houston and Atlanta has this great seafood place.

3. Bubba Gump shimp co- A great seafood place that is world famous.

4. Sticky fingers- A rib joint that is in the carolinas , florida, georgia and chattanooga..

5. Home Run Inn- The best pizza ever!!!!!! this chicago pizza place put all pizza huts and papa johns to shame.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been to any of those, and I'm a native of Atlanta, which has some of those places!

- I hear sticky fingers is the best! I wish we had one too

- Is Eddie George's sports bar and grill still named after our former star running back? When the naming rights end, I wouldn't be surprised to see ESPN go after that place. You used to hear about it all the time; I assume you don't anymore because of the lack of star power backing the name.

I have been to ESPN Zones in NYC and DC and I say bring it on. ESPN would help bring additional people d'town and provide an exciting alternative just restaurants or bars/clubs. The atmosphere is great during big sporting events and the varied activity centers on regular nights will be a draw for 'bubba-types' (whatever that is) and all others so inclined.

I would much rather see Nashville get more independently owned, unique restaurants rather than anymore chains. In my opinion, we have more than enough of those already, and if you want to go to a place like Cool Springs to shop, the chains are your only option. I think one of the marks of a great city is a plethora of great, unique, independently owned restaurants which give the city character, rather than chains which are going to be basically the same wherever they go up.

Independent, unique restaurants add variety and spice. Why encourage more chains -- just so Nashville can be e pluribus unum? I'd love to see more of the likes of Tin Angel, Margot's, Fido/Bongo Java and Tayst than Maggiano's, Stoney River and yet more Starbucks. Check out the "Nashville Originals" - a group of local independently-owned restaurants. I'd rather give my dining dollar to the hometown guys rather than the corporate "man".

Independent, unique restaurants add variety and spice. Why encourage more chains -- just so Nashville can be e pluribus unum? I'd love to see more of the likes of Tin Angel, Margot's, Fido/Bongo Java and Tayst than Maggiano's, Stoney River and yet more Starbucks. Check out the "Nashville Originals" - a group of local independently-owned restaurants. I'd rather give my dining dollar to the hometown guys rather than the corporate "man".

I'm with you. Independent restaurants are the only one's that I try to frequent.

For the record, Emeril's is not a chain. He is personally involved, and 100% vested, in each of his resturant locations (NO FRANCHISES!!!). Each is designed and built for it's surrondings. If you have never been , then you need to go. Four star dinning at your fingertips.

Archived