Questions about Fayetteville

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, Pre-WAC Dickson is a little before my time. I should remember it somewhat though. My family really liked to eat at Jose's back when I was younger. I don't remember it feeling unsafe, but don't remember too much.

I had a conversation with my uncle who has some strong opinions on the subject. He cites the WAC as the thing that ruined Dickson St. I should note my uncle is not some seedy biker, but what I would call a pretty normal guy.

I'm sure my dad would have stronger opinions on the subject. He owned a bar on Dickson in the early 80's. I think today it is part of the Gypsy (the smaller partition on the left (but I'm not sure)). Strangely, I haven't heard his opinion on the whole then and now issue. My guess is he probably prefers the older Dickson, too. I'll ask him when I see him in a few days.

I also don't remember feeling unsafe on Dickson Street... ever. Sure it wasn't pretty in the 80s but I didn't think it was scary at all. Maybe it's because my ex worked at both a computer store and restaurant on Dickson in the late 80s and we knew some of the people that frequented the area. But it was never scary to me even before then when I was just a college student that visited the bars and restaurants.

I'm always disappointed when I hear all the comments about how "unsafe" Dickson was before WAC. I want to shout "hey I was there... it wasn't a horrible place." It was different before WAC and it

I remember people commenting that at night they felt a bit 'unsafe'. Although I do wonder about that. After spending so much of my life in Pine Bluff, Fayetteville was certainly a nice change. Personally I can't recall ever feeling unsafe in any area of Fayetteville to be honest. But I don't push my luck either. :lol:

I've got a question, does anyone know anything about the old looking house that's next to Catfish Hole? I was out checking west Fayetteville because I hadn't been out there in quite a while. Guess I never payed attention before but I noticed an old looking house next to it. I was curious if anyone knew how old it was or the history of it. Maybe it simply looked old to me but isn't.

I've got a question, does anyone know anything about the old looking house that's next to Catfish Hole? I was out checking west Fayetteville because I hadn't been out there in quite a while. Guess I never payed attention before but I noticed an old looking house next to it. I was curious if anyone knew how old it was or the history of it. Maybe it simply looked old to me but isn't.

Archived