Student Housing

artesia

Brevard Street Student Housing

brevardstreetstudenthouis1.png

The proposed project is for the subdivision of the site into two lots. The site has been approved for 200 multi-family dwelling units, a 70-room hotel, and a 145,200 square foot parking structure. The subject project is located on 2.8 acres. Currently Zoned UPUD (Urban Planned Unit Development).

This project goes before Growth Management on February 18, at 1:00PM.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collegiate Village @ Stearns

collegiatevillageatsteapo5.png

Located on 1 acre on the south side of Mosley Street, approximately 250 feet south of the intersection of Mosley Street and Stearns Street. The proposed project is the construction of 12 2-story townhomes.

The property is zoned UT (University Transition).

Oh wow, new development for the Stearns-Mosely subdivision. This one looks like it wants to go in where the vacant parcel is that has a lot of pecan trees on it. This in addition to the Sunshine Apts. re-done will do wonders for this 'hood. I've always thought this area was a diamond in the rough. However I'm not sure how the future tenants will take to those cement trucks (I think that is what they are) running done Mosely all day long.

Brevard Street Student Housing

The proposed project is for the subdivision of the site into two lots. The site has been approved for 200 multi-family dwelling units, a 70-room hotel, and a 145,200 square foot parking structure. The subject project is located on 2.8 acres. Currently Zoned UPUD (Urban Planned Unit Development).

This project goes before Growth Management on February 18, at 1:00PM.

Is this where the Travelodge and Seminole Village Inn are located? Please tell me that they're going to gut those two nasty hotels/loveshack places!

I don't know what you guys have heard, but West Brevard Street has a certain reputation, for, ahem, ladies of easy virtue. It needs a good cleaning up :)

Oh wow, new development for the Stearns-Mosely subdivision. This one looks like it wants to go in where the vacant parcel is that has a lot of pecan trees on it. This in addition to the Sunshine Apts. re-done will do wonders for this 'hood. I've always thought this area was a diamond in the rough. However I'm not sure how the future tenants will take to those cement trucks (I think that is what they are) running done Mosely all day long.

I was thinking the same thing, but TD is usually on the ball so now I'm unsure. I recall watching the replay of the city commission meeting (stop laughing) where they looked at the different roadway extension proposals (3 preferred I believe) on a powerpoint but haven't been able to find anything else showing them (I couldn't really make them out on the screen, and WCOT is not yet, in the words of Alex Deprato (sp?) "in HD"). I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to get a better look at those proposals so a big pat on the back goes to the first person to find and post them :rolleyes:

Indeed... but i forgive your missinformation... That post might not have seemed so rude/unimportant had you included a correction rather than a seemingly informed addition.

I saw it on WCOT aswell, and also left out the tidbit about how early it still is, and no land is really in "Danger" yet.

Connecting to Jackson Bluff was one idea I didnt really like. I think a little further south would be best, redesigning lake bradford to provide an elongated Junction (with good signage) Moving a little aaway from the stadium, and giving a straighter shot to the airport would be other perks. But it should still be north of the lake/ park thing i never see people at.

• 3 weeks later...

Casa Mia

I just happened to be in the neighborhood today when passing this neat looking project. In some way it was remnicient of the new projects in the All-Saints Area, which I really like. I stopped to take a few pictures of the rendering and work done on the site, here's a UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}First Look at it:

february24067qo3.jpg

february24068bw6.jpg

february24069hl8.jpg

february24070wz2.jpg

Current Progress:

february24064wo0.jpg

february24065wx8.jpg

Legacy Suites

legacy_condos_elev-small.jpg

The Company has released this new rendering and has this to say about it's latest project:

Luxury with a great location has been hard to find in Tallahassee, until now. Legacy Suites will feature fabulous amenities and upgrades, similar to those found in a luxury condominium. With reserved parking spaces in the multi-level parking facility located next door, the residents will never have to worry about parking again. The community is located within a close walking distance to Florida State University.

Legacy Suites

legacy_condos_elev-small.jpg

The Company has released this new rendering and has this to say about it's latest project:

Luxury with a great location has been hard to find in Tallahassee, until now. Legacy Suites will feature fabulous amenities and upgrades, similar to those found in a luxury condominium. With reserved parking spaces in the multi-level parking facility located next door, the residents will never have to worry about parking again. The community is located within a close walking distance to Florida State University.

What street is Legacy on? From the rendering I don't like it b/c it looks too much like a Booth property...Pez anyone? I do like the Casa Mia better.

Is iPadMgt just a new name for that part of Booth's company or is it a separate operation all together? Anyone know?

The Hampton's on High

Here's a shot I took tonight of some future student housing on High Road.

tj020066qb5.jpg

tj020067zq6.jpg

Description: We have four 4 bedroom/ 4 bath townhomes just minutes from FSU campus. Located on High Road between Tharpe and Tennessee Streets. Includes washer / dryer.

Rent: $2200/month includes lawn service and pest control

Terms: Min- 12 month, Max- 24 month

Availability: Under construction. Ready Fall 2008.

March 13, 2008

Booth companies file for bankruptcy

Three rental properties have failed to pay mortgages since August 2007

By Dave Hodges

DEMOCRAT BUSINESS EDITOR

Three rental apartment businesses that are part of the Booth Companies real estate activities in Tallahassee have filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the federal bankruptcy code, according to records at the federal courthouse in Tallahassee. Osceola Ridge LLC, DBS Holdings LLC and Boothco High Park LLC are the businesses named in the records, and each operates one or more local rental apartment communities. Businessman Hurley H. Booth Jr. is listed as either the director or the managing member and trustee for each one.

Reorganization means the companies are shielded from creditor lawsuits while they get their finances in order under the supervision of the court. Booth Companies has 23 different apartment developments in the Tallahassee area, marketed primarily as student housing. Booth's headquarters are at 625 E. Tennessee St.

In response to a request for a phone interview, Erica Wasylishyn, Booth Companies marketing director, responded via e-mail that the bankruptcy cases would not affect operations at the apartments. "We are committed to use all means available to us to protect our core assets and establish a secure future for our family of employees, fellow business partners and student residents," she wrote. Each of the cases has already prompted requests for emergency hearings by the respective mortgage lenders, who asked earlier this month that U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Lewis M. Killian Jr. prohibit the companies' use of cash collateral

Archived