Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weill

Roanoke Occupancy Rates

South Roanoke - 90%

Downtown Roanoke - 89%

North Roanoke - 78%

Hall Associates said that they expect oppupancy rates will rise with the building that houses Atlantic Mutual in Salem, which will move to a new spot in late 2006, and Carilion Health System's biomedical center in Roanoke.

Link

Atlantic Mutual is in a gresd spot for redevelopment. It would be ideal to tear that building down and build a mixed-use project, but it's probably not going to happen with Keagy Village and Ridgewood Farm so close by.

Do you think Keagy Village will get built?
Yes I do. If nothing else, Kroger wants to replace their store at Ridgewood Farm, and that would be a great place to put it.

well i hear a lot of opposition on the Keagy Village, im guessing a lot of money will be spent evening out the land, right?
Keagy Village will be built so long as the developer can secure financing and tenants. Sounds like they're doing pretty good on both fronts.

Well after todays front page story on/in the Roanoke Times on "Violent Roanoke: a mean city where we kick puppies." or some such nonsense (seriously - the guy called Roanoke mean. MEAN!) Im not so sure people will care about the numbers...

Im beginning to wonder if its not time for a 2nd newspaper here in Roanoke. Perhaps one that actually LIKES Roanoke.

lol we have atleast 6 smaller newspapers

Roanoke Tribune

Vinton Messenger

Salem Times Register

Fincastle Herald

New Castle Record

Blue Ridge Buiness Journal

Im mainly sick of a newspaper that can't be bothered to run local stories. How many stories does one paper need to get from AP Wire or Reuters?

People complain that nothing ever happens here, but how would you know if it did? It's not in the paper. Thank god for bloggers... well, certain bloggers anyway.

/not me.. noooo not me at all lol

//roanoke-found.blogspot.com